Best melee healer for SK duo?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by chinookpilot77, Jun 5, 2017.

1. chinookpilot77 New Member

My wife is frustrated playing bards by not having better heals. (She needs them). We just started playing about a month ago and she's ready to try another class. Im planning on having her play as a melee healer (def her preferred playstyle) and then have her spec full dps.

Any thoughts on which class would fit with my SK the best? Are any of the three good at AoE? We generally do not run with mercs. FYI.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

I (not surprisingly ;)) like my warden the best. I do have all of the melee healers. The warden's ability to proc heals, wards and damage reduction by smacking the mobs around is always a plus. Wardens also have lots of single target 'Oh @$#%$!' buttons.

That being said, wards are powerful. I've never cared much for my inquisitor, but others love them best.
    chinookpilot77 likes this.
  3. chinookpilot77 New Member

Any good AOE skills on any of the 3?
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't think any of them get more then 2 AEs
  5. Treiko Active Member

Of the melee healers, I think wardens has the highest potential AoE attacks if spec'd right side prestige, which allows sandstorm to clear the reuse of your main melee abilities, including whirl of permafrost. Other than that, getting 100% aoe auto attack is easy enough for any of them.
  6. chinookpilot77 New Member

I like the warden and the mystic the best. I was thinking maybe the mystic would be best due to wards. If my understanding is correct, I think a lot of the wardens heals would result in overheals on the SK, due to self healing, but maybe with the wards, it would be better? idk
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Warden ALWAYS results in overheal.. that's the nature of HoTs.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

u don't care in overhealing

keep in mind that with procs (natural boon and spirit of druidism) your warden almost won't have to cast heals. And overhealing doesn't matter as long as u can dps and keep mana

shamans overward also
  9. chinookpilot77 New Member

That sounds like that may be best then. My wife is currently playing a dirge, and her emergency heal is actually really amazing...if she ever remembered to use it! Haha.

My only issue is I know we'll be giving up a lot of buffs and utility by switching from dirge to warden. Im trying to find a class she will enjoy playing, still does DPS on par with the dirge, but has more healing potential. I was considering swapping her over to a Troub, but maybe warden, fury or mystic would be better? Do furies get "hands free" healing like wardens do?

And before anyone chimes in about my wife, she doesnt care what class she plays, we are just tired of me either dying or taking forever to kill bad guys. Haha. I set up every character pretty much the same via macros and our gaming mouses. Every character we've tried plays very similarly once we re-vamp the UI.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

it's all about AAs

furies are casters, but you can still spec for natural boon. Furies have more AoEs but aren't melee at all. Wardens get melee only when specced for it in the AAs (same for mystics and inquisitors). Before that they are spellcasters.
    priests still have quite some buffs, but most of their utility is through healing and protecting. Warden buffs are melee oriented and fury buffs are mage oriented.

warden are fast healers, and u have spores which is a buff u place on tank and it heals on damage, so yeah you can dps a lot without casting a single heal. Dirges are better at keeping people alive when u get to higher levels, u get prestige line which makes u proc a nice heal .. but you'll never be a proper healer thoug :)
  11. Fairin Active Member

roll a troubie tank. and have the wife play a defiler no regrets =)
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except for the wife who wants to melee :p
  13. Fairin Active Member

my mate.. melees quite well thank you =)
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Why melee on a caster priest?
  15. Mhoramm Member

If you want something different you could try a beastlord. In spiritual they can pump out a lot of heals and have a ward.
  16. Fairin Active Member

stand next to mobs.. beat their face in, no real benefit to standing back, both shamans get the AA boosts to melee and melee attacks.

the exceptions are certian raid mobs and the overgeneral of stronghold. aaaand probably gooblins in dalnir for their stun but yeh can put gear on to prevent that.

and i have a terrible habit of chain pulling... uh.. everything.. so the closer she is to me the less far i get before i happily gleefully rek mobs further and further away

and she has a habit of putting me on follow... and going afk ! ><
  17. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah but even in melee range ... if you cast spells .. especially on a defiler, it doesn't feel as dynamic because spells take longer to cast than CA