Best Hunter-Type Class?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by zentr, Sep 5, 2020.

1. zentr New Member

My wife likes to play hunter-type classes in other MMOs. Specifically, she likes using a bow to shoot from a distance (ranged) and she likes having a pet. What EQ2 class do you think might suite her best?

Thanks!
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

ranger
  3. zentr New Member

Really? The Ranger definitely have plenty of bow abilities but I don't see any pet summon spells.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

They get one from their epic 2.0 at level 100. There's really no other bow/pet class in the game.
  5. Nazy Well-Known Member

They get Hawk Attack, a limited pet that is a hawk that last for 32s when Mastered. Does terrible DPS, doesn't tank, is useless except for pulling named. You get it at 65.

Hunter-type class - Ranger
    Limited pets - Mages, specifically Warlock and Conjuror.
    Channeler has a pet, shoots arrows, and heals. But you have to pay money for them. Not very hunter-type.
  6. Melt Actually plays the game

No, I can tell you that for an absolute fact without a shadow of a doubt that rangers have a summoned maintained pet same as a summoner.
    Obano likes this.
  7. Benj Well-Known Member

I play a ranger semi-regularly, and I can confirm that you're both right. Rangers get the limited pet Hawk Attack (with several upgrades including level 118). Rangers also get a permanent pet Heartseeker Hawk from the Epic 2.0 quests (or purchased off the merchant in Seru).
    Breanna, Nazy and Obano like this.