Best healer duo for necro

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Xiafear, May 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Xiafear Guest

What would be the best healing partner for a necro. Is a healer + necro a good duo combination? Would I be better off playing zerk/sk with a healer?
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

You'd probably be best off with either another necro, or a conjuror, than a healer.
  3. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

I'd actually prever a warlock to another summoner. Merely because of the double roots with proccing fear. A lot of effects have to break in a very short timespan for the mob to get even nearly close. ;) And a warlock instead of another necro due to stacking on the buffs. ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-Rocc Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Or defiler, for some kickass debuffs and wards. We all know how mages love wards .;)
  6. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

I've duo'd with Furies pretty successfully. My alt is a templar. I get bored grouping with necro's since they don't need big burst heals usually. HoT is sufficient. Mystics are cool, too since our tank pet doesn't get a mitigation buff like conjurer's do. Basically, you want to group with a class that has some dots and heals to supplement those of the necro.
  7. ARCHIVED-Krith Guest

I'm also thinking Fury, at least if you want to use Lifeburn. With Back into the Fray and Hibernation you might be able to keep it going for the full duration and do tons of damage in the process.
  8. ARCHIVED-KatrinaDeath Guest

[p]I'd say Defiler for a healer/necro duo. But in all truth... I think ANY healer complements a great solo class like the Necro very well.[/p][p]One of the best duos I've ever done is SK/Necro. SK's ability to heal them self (Reaver AA) and our Transfer Life makes a very interesting duo.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-soibitum Guest

/agree with kathy
  10. ARCHIVED-Thaedris Guest

I'm with Katy on any healer compliments a necro very well, however, I am more inclined to say for duo prowess a second summoner class would be better. Ideally you would want one of you to have an adept III or master I tank pet and the other to have an adept III or master I DPS pet. And of course for necros an adept III heal is very handy, between that heal and the pet heal you can keep your pet alive for quite some time, since it costs health not power, and then (if you're high enough) with lich on you can keep that tank pet alive for a VERY long time.
  11. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

The only problem is, tank pets suck. I have to keep my dps low not to rip from my all mastered tank. Guess I can remedy this when I get enough AAs to dump on the poor bugger for hate. Naoh, I still prefer the warlock/necro duo with the mage pet up for the necro. The mobs will never ever get in melee range, and well, the nuker mobs I can usually deal with with my heals, and they usually go for the warlock, due to him nuking like a mad sob, since it doesnt matter who gets aggro, and his 2 AA wards,a nd manashield makes him not take too much of a beating. And, with that metric ton of dps going out from the two of those, most mobs just curl up and die within 1 or 2 nukes from the mob.
  12. ARCHIVED-dlsknight Guest

[p]Now I do not have a caped out Necro but have had her for a long while. Can tell you that 1st off if you have your tank pet at Adept III or Master then it will not be a problem with aggro if you duo with any healer. I have actually kept up my fighter pet a few times when had a tank and stole aggro. Never asked if they had adept taunts or not. Would probably be more benificial to have a 2nd Necro or Conj as stated above. Have one use the tank pet and other a dps pet, both can heal and have roots. [/p][p]To just answer your question as to which healer - Any one that knows they can heal a pet would work for me. Have actually grouped up a few times using the pet as a tank with a healer class and for some reason I was the only one healing even after a few comments and deaths.[/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Fabienz@Mistmoore wrote:
    My tank is m1, with m1 stances and buffs. It still cant keep aggro when I go all out. I havent upgraded all of my damage just because I dont wanna rip aggro from it all over the place.