Best duo partner for Pally?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-diamondmaker10, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-diamondmaker10 Guest

Just curious what is the best duo partner for pally?
    Im talking about being able to take on heroic dungeons and exploring areas.
  2. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

Fury. The fury can dps or heal and later on in the game they end up doing both at the same time, the paladin can heal and rez if the fury dies, the fury can go with rebirth if you want to train then die/tinker FD to bypass tedious trash, and the fury gets cheetah so the slow paladin can feel fast once in a while.
  3. ARCHIVED-asteldian Guest

Fury, Mystic or Warden are pretty good. Inquisitor also if you don't mind being with an evil guy.
    Mystic melee is pretty good and the pet gives 20% attack haste. The Warden melee spec is also good, quickly getting 50% Double Attack and 1.3 autoattack damage. Both have SoW which is nice
  4. ARCHIVED-Mortac Guest

I duoed with an illy all the way up to 60. Worked tremendously well and we did nearly all dungeons. I would tank and heal on my pally while he would CC and DPS. The mana regen is great for a pally. I find pallies great at healing themselves and tanking as long as they have mana, but they run out pretty quickly.
    Anyway, bottom line is that you don't necessarily need a healer if you don't want to. It might actually be faster with some DPS. But it does depend on the pally having plenty of AAs spent correctly.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cucuy Guest

My paladin tends to do pretty well with my wife's troubador. Running out of power sucks. She does a pretty good job keeping my power up as long as I keep her alive.
  6. ARCHIVED-DVang Guest

I'm currently level 80, and primarily duo with my wife's Wizard. It makes a great pair. I hold aggro and keep myself alive, while she burns everything down as fast as she can. There have been only a few times (primarily Even or higher ^^^ Heroics) where keeping myself alive before she kills the mobs has been a challenge.
  7. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Best combination I've found was illy+pally with a boxed troub.
  8. ARCHIVED-x82nd77 Guest

Boli32 wrote:
    Is that still the case after the heal crit "adjustment?"
  9. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Yes - herioc mobs simply don't do much damage at all; the only change from normal gear you want is a few SW items and remember to bring cure pots (just trauma for pallys, all sets for everyone else)
    It is surprisingly efficient; although with the plat split means the person with a troub gets double the other
  10. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

The DPS healers are one of the Best choices for all fighters really, I've (Guardian/Zerker) always preferred the Inquis though.