Best diety for solo DPS good-side Inquisitor?

Discussion in 'Inquisitor' started by ARCHIVED-Ginnsu, Jul 31, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Ginnsu Guest

I just got back into the game and I am trying to figure out what diety would work best for a soloing inq? He's a goodie. Which diety would be the best?
  2. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

A diety for solo DPS? All of them are the same. You can only use blessing and miracles once an hour. After using up the 2 charges you get, you would have to go back to your alter and get more. Hardly worth it at all.
    The diety pet buff now buffs all classes primary stats, so take your pick.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ginnsu Guest

Erm, ok so all of this stuff isn't accurate? It seems there can be a lot of variety in the perks given. These are not "All the same". So what do you mean by that?
    As I said I'm pretty much brand new (played so long ago I don't really remember any of the stuff), So I welcome detailed information.
    I'm asking here, because I would assume others have had to make this choice and have had better or worse success with their choices.
    But what you're saying is the blessings and such are pointless given the timeframes? Hmm. That's primarily what I was looking at below.
    Seems stupid for them to work this hard on a system to have it be useless.

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Deities_(EQ2)
    The Gods of Norrath
    Deity Alignment General Information Prophet
    Anashti SulEvilThe deposed prime healer is a good choice for Shadowknights. Benefits include boosts to combat art and spell damage, and threat increasers.lumetor_Dul%27Sadma">Plumetor Dul'Sadma
    in The Sinking Sands
    BertoxxulousEvilThe Plaugebringer is excellent for evil mages. Benefits include disease damage abilities, hate reducer, and debuffs.Hrath Everstill
    in Gorowyn
    Brell SerilisNeutralBrell is the only deity with benefits for crafters. A good all-purpose deity, his benefits also include a stun, buff, and out of combat regeneration.Bronlor Stormhammer
    in Butcherblock Mountains
    BristlebaneNeutralA natural choice for scouts. Benefits include attack speed increases, a hate reducer, and an all around dispeller.Tobel Patadash
    in The Enchanted Lands
    Cazic-ThuleEvilA natural for necromancers and other evil casters. Benefits include roots, fears, pets, and mental buffs.anak_Dhorentath">Danak Dhorentath
    InnoruukEvilA good generic evil non-fighter deity choice. Benefits include damage abilities, you do get healing, debuff, and mez abilities.Xilania Nevagon
    in Greater Faydark
    KaranaNeutralA favorite of druids, and a good choice for healers who like to melee a little.Askr
    in Timorous Deep
    Mithaniel MarrGoodAn excellent choice for good aligned fighters, especially paladins. His benefits include heals, hate gain, and a horse summon.Sir Bayden Cauldthorn
    in Old Kelethin
    QuelliousGoodHer Lore makes Quellious a favorite of monks, but she is more useful for classes that need the hate reducers, such as the roubador, dirge, swashbuckler, mystic, and perhaps most in line with what the role of illusionists.acificator_Merrek">Pacificator Merrek
    Rallos ZekEvilExcellent for evil fighter classes; also popular with assassins and brigands. Benefits include attack damage and hate gainers, and a strength and stamina buff.Tychus Zeksworn
    Rodcet NifeGoodDefinitely the good healer's deity. Benefits include heals, buffs, and soothes.rophet_Bainyn_Fairwind">Bainyn Fairwind
    in North Qeynos
    Solusek RoNeutralPopular with mages, particularly wizards and warlocks, but also good for DPS classes. Benefits include damage spells along with a soothe and casting resource reducers.Civean Il'Pernod
    The TribunalNeutralGreat for fighters and scouts who melee a bit. Benefits include hate gain abilities, in-combat health regen, and combat damage boosts.Justinian Theo
    in Timorous Deep
    TunareGoodWell suited to the druids, templar, and mystic; also a good choice for a ranger or paladin. Benefits include primarily heals and heal boosters, plus stifles, damage spells, and a utility spell that summons ranged ammo.Kurista
    in Old Kelethin

Comparing several, you can see a bunch of differences:

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Brell_Serilis
    Blessings

Blessing Name Favor Description
    Patience of the Smith750increase crafting skill (15) and success crit chance (5%)
    Stature of Serilis875buff against physical, heat and cold (1050) - shrinks caster 50%
    Earth's Vigil1000increase out of combat health/power regen (15) and max health/power (750)
    Pick of the Duke1125Summons a pet (raise mining skill by 25)
    Brell's Hammer1250Summons 2 Brell's Hammer
    Miracles

Miracle Name Favor Description
    Rift from Below1125AE damage + AE DOT + Knockback
    Brell's Favor1312increases progress and durability by 4500
    Forgehammer1500Stuns target (3s for Epics), Inflicts 6100-7455 divine damage
    Armies of the Underfoot1687Summons a limited pet to aid the caster (x7)
    Protection of Brell1875physical damage mitigation buff and groupheal (30% of maxhealth)

versus, say:
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Mithaniel_Marr
    Blessings

Valor of Marr750Increase parry and damage proc
    Glorious Steed875Summon Mount (55% speed), parry increase and dps buff
    Pious Patience100025% increase for all Divine Healing spells but 15% longer cast
    Marr's Perseverance1125Increase max health (500)
    Mark of Mithaniel1250Damage interception
    Miracles

Truthbringer1125Buff (wis, hate gain, melee crit, dps)
    Sacrifice of Marr1312Heal (75% of max health) and damage shield
    Honor's Call1500Summon pet, group heal and aoe stun
    Valorous Service1687Ward (5000), intercept and group heal
    Marr's Barrier1875Damage shield (self) 10 times

Or:
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Bristlebane
    Blessings

Grin of the Trickster750Increases the Crushing, Slashing, and Piercing skill of the caster, and gives the caster a 35% chance to make an additional attempt to avoid a melee attack.
    Bristlebane's Hymn875Increases DPS mod and runspeed of caster.
    Rogue's Folly1000Increase attack speed and lower physical mitigation of caster.
    Mischief Maker1125Dispels Stun, Mesmerize, Root, Fear, Stifle, and Daze effects on caster, and makes caster immune to those effects for 1 minute.
    Deck of the King's Court1250Summons one card from the Deck of the King's Court.
    Miracles

Anvils of Fizzlethorpe1125Summons and drops anvils on the heads of up to 8 foes within 4 meters, stunning them for 30 seconds or until damaged.
    See No Evil1312Increases melee and ranged crit chances of caster, decreases threat to targets in area of effect, and shapechanges caster.
    Mini Militia1500Summons a five goblin army to aid the caster
    Disappearing Act1687Causes your group to go stealth for 30 seconds, and makes creatures forget about your previous actions.
    Swindle Fate1875All damage that would normally kill the player is ignored for 15 seconds.
  4. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

What makes the dieties all the same is the pet buff. All the diety pets now buff the same. Str, Agi, Wis, Int. So which diety you pick does not matter for that. What things do set them apart are the blessings and miracles. Since they are on a 1 hour reuse (that cannot be lowered), and only get 2 charges of the ability per visit to the alter, they are very useless for DPS. Why? Because even if the buff lasts 10 minutes (ie. Anashti Sul's "Hand of Death"), that is FIFTY minutes it will not be up. Get it now?
  5. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

It's a joke to say they don't matter. Quite a few of them can be super useful, even though they are temporary buffs or miracles. Hand of Death is an amazing DPS buff for it's duration. Sure it's down for 50 minutes, but grats on not trying hard I guess? Please don't spread your apparent lack of effort to others.

My inquisitor is also a goodie and I took Karana for the Resurrection spell---it works even if you are dead. This can be very useful, even if you use it in addition to the AA rez that does the same thing. Sometimes you can use a second res. I use this miracle so I can take the Death prevent instead
  6. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

It's a joke to say they matter when soloing....Or did you not read?
  7. ARCHIVED-ditch28 Guest

And yes some of the other abilities are useful, just not the DPS ones. Solo for 2 hours so you can use both charges of whatever DPS miracle you like. Pull up the ACT recap of those last 2 hours and you will understand.