Best BL/Merc duo?

Discussion in 'Beastlord' started by ARCHIVED-Wulfleaf, Jan 17, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Wulfleaf Guest

Heya!
    Having a lot of fun with the mercs. I tend to stick with an inquisitor for heroic stuff, and the warrior for mowing through the easy stuff. I have heard, though, that the templar is a better healer. Is that so?
    What are your favorite BL/Merc combos and why?
  2. ARCHIVED-kahonen Guest

I'm running with the Templar from Qeynos at the moment.
    I've been using him for some time and he seems much improved over the past few days - whether he's improved or I have, I wouldn't like to say
    I've not tried any of the others so I can't compare them but he's good enough for me.
  3. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

My lvl 90 BL picked up the Paladin merc at level 10 and used him all the way through, and still uses him. He's great.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lithran Guest

I am only 52, but I am using a Inq Merc and can pretty well take on large groups and even 2 yellow ^^^ if I over pull.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mirrian Guest

I finally settled on the healer merc also, my dps is plenty high, so I went with the healer, tried the dirge but took a lot of damage on any adds, tried the Paladin too, but even though they supposedly have a heal, he never healed me, my warder, or even himself.
  6. ARCHIVED-Roslyn Guest

I have a 54BL and just love the Inquis merc - can't beat his buffs either! Plus I named him after my hubby's main who is an inquis, and having a ratonga with his name running around at my whim is just too funny to pass up ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Roslyn wrote:
    haha lol, does he have a merc named after you as well?
  8. ARCHIVED-Roslyn Guest

Levatino wrote:
    Ha, not yet, two of my mains Fury and Illy aren't mercs yet, but he could get me back with the rat Dirge!
  9. ARCHIVED-DataOutlaw Guest

I recently (at level 57) started using the Templar mercenary from Qeynos Harbor as well aznd have been mostly please with him although he has a tendency to jump in and start swinging his hammer when I could use a few heals. At level 59 I was jsut able to clear the jailer room in Sanctum of the Scaleborn (level 64^^^Heroics) but thos MoBs are packed in that small room so tight and there are enough wanderers that the adds got a littel too much to handle so I decided to give that a few levels and come back when I am level 62 or so to try it again. I am determined to solo the Qeynos Claymore quest line :).
    Anyone have any ideas for adding a second Merc? I was thiking to add the Troubador next to get some buffs and heals along with decent added DPS. My thinking is that for multiple target encounters I will stil have the Templar keeping me alive and then bring out the troubador to assist my Warder for extra DPS on whatever he is smacking.
  10. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

DataOutlaw wrote:
    to my knowledge you only can have one merc on your char.
  11. ARCHIVED-DrunkenTyger Guest

My setup right now is Rodent Warder/SK Merc/Spiritual Stance at level 45. I tried Inq, Sin, Nec, Temp,
    Pal, Wiz, War and found the SK to be easy mode. I can tear through dungeons with little to no delay. Send him and my pet in as I start my charge. Mobs drop fast enough that I find it better to switch from Feral to Spiritual which is great for "powerleveling" my warders. The Spiritual Stance seems to give a lot more affinity and the dps difference is not significant enough on most heroics my level due to the fact they drop so quick either way. I'm AA specced to retain and gain as much savagery and weakness openings as possible. Really boosted my overall dps and gives me lots and lots of Primals. Maybe some people will find holes in this, but it's been doing amazing for me.
  12. ARCHIVED-Tatsou Guest

just got back into game after almost a month off. unemployment stinks lol. anyways i just picked up the warder(mystic from the spells) and i'm having a blast in eastern wastes with him. Guild wasnt surprised when i mentioned it since my retired main was a mystic.