Best Armor for a lvl 20 Wizard/Warlock?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-BSaxton, Dec 21, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-BSaxton Guest

I'm a jeweler so I can make any jewelry I want. I've heard that the "Quest Armor" is the best armor to get (though I have no clue where to get it) but I was thinking about getting the rest of my pieces from a tailor.

Are there quests for other pieces of armor? Are there better drops for jewelry than making them myself?

Remember, I'm only lvl 20 :) Er, 19 actually, but, when I hit 20, I'm planning on upgrading my "Wizzie 4 teh win!!1!" armor I've had since I was level 10 :)
  2. ARCHIVED-BSaxton Guest

[expletive ninja'd by Faarbot], after reading the posts here, I'm thinking I might go Warlock now.

If they are similiar in DPS, why not go the cooler class? :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Roriondesexiest Guest

I just dinged 20 yesterday and did my first AQ, as everyone said very lame, I will give the gloves with NO INT+ to our Cleric if she can use them because the have +4 WIS on them.

I am trying to accumulate as many items with +int as I can, hopefully at least +2 int for each item. I looked on the merchant board yesterday and couldn't find much that wasn't 1G or higher with an int boost.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Omaplata
    20th Season Warlock
    New Dawn Adventurers
  4. ARCHIVED-Ragrum Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Vaelorn Guest

Supposedly, both Wisdom and Intelligence affect spellcasting ability, regardless of what class you are. According to the manual (and we all know how accurate those can be, so here's your grain of salt :smileytongue: ), Intelligence affects Power for Mages, Wisdom affect Power for Priests, Intelligence affects damage for Mages AND Priests, and Wisdom affects resistance rates for Mages AND Priests.

If this is accurate, then it becomes very logical for both Mages and Priests to want a high Wisdom value, so that their spells will land more reliably, and they will also want a high Intelligence value to improve the damage potential on their offensive spells. Obviously, Priests will probably be casting far more healing and buff spells than offensive spells, so Intelligence holds less value for them, but for Mages, damage output is pretty much their bread and butter, so the higher the better. This would be a logical explanation for all the Wisdom that can be found on gear that is tailored to Mages. After all, it doesn't matter how much power you have or how much damage your spells do, if your spells are getting resisted all the time, right?

I guess the only way we'll ever really know is if one of the devs come right out and plainly tell us how it works, or if some very bored people with lots of time on their hands can do a whole lot of parsing with wildly different values in both Intelligence and Wisdom.
  6. ARCHIVED-Soloras Guest

I've noticed many warlocks at a higher level than myself (20 currently) with some really cool teal/black cloaks. I'm just wondering if they got those from an AQ, or had to buy them somewhere.... And do they add good stat points? I also think it's cool that I've only seen two classes with them equipped so it makes us stand out even more in a crowd....

Solaras
  7. ARCHIVED-Soloras Guest

Sorry - double post :robotsad:
    Message Edited by Soloras on 12-28-2004 08:09 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Eadric Guest

That is the Oracle Robe which is a quest reward from Varsoon's. In the Tailor's room you just click on a role of silk, take a quest, then head to the Oracle Tower in Antonica and hand over to one of the NPCs there. Viola, new robe.
  9. ARCHIVED-DarkSyphon Guest

Looking through my screenshots I found these:

Oracle robe and the graphic for either Robe of the Varsoons / Neeklub's Robe of Efficiency

[IMG][IMG]
    Message Edited by DarkSyphon on 12-29-2004 07:47 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Soloras Guest

Thanks for the info! I need a new robe badly.... I read somewhere that the Tomb of Varsoon Quest is best around level 24 if you don't want to get eaten alive. Anyone care to confirm or tell me what's really up?

Solaras.....
  11. ARCHIVED-Naol Guest

I did the Varsoon/Oracle Robe Quest at level 20, But I cheated and had a level 34 Warlock invis me so I could go do it.

Just happy to have the robe.
  12. ARCHIVED-Elnock Guest

What about a robe quest for freeport? I am currently level 21 warlock and just purchased a pristine canvas robe but was wondering if there are any quests like the varsoons one on the Freeport side.

Elacia
  13. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

The tailored pristine canvas is really strong gear. It is orange to me at 24 and says it matures at 30. It really gives great stat bonuses. Do any tradeskill people know what the next step up from the tailoerd pristine canvas (as far as player made gear goes) is?

Also, just and FYI, anyone can quest the Oracle robe from Varsoon. You grab the quest off the silk roll in the tailor room in Ruins of Varsoon and then run and talk to the main oracle in Antonica. No city affiliation is required.
  14. ARCHIVED-ArconisDarkfyre Guest

Canvas armor = tier 3 (20 - 29)
    Broadcloth Armor = Tier 4(30 -39)

not sure on tier 5+

only a 25.9 tailor =)
  15. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

Sweet, thanks Arconis. I'll add broadcloth to my normal search list now.

:)