Berzerking causing me to get owned....

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-lich1313, Sep 14, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-lich1313 Guest

I've been reading the rave reviews of the revamp to our class. I just logged in and attempting the splitpaw upper tunnels. I'm not making it very far. I can't cast when I'm zerking-out.... If I attempt to take on more the one mob at a time, I just stand there and zerk. Any clue to what I'm doing wrong? Or is this just the way it is now?

Thanks

lvl 43 Troll Zerker btw, couple of adept 3's, nothin too fancy.
  2. ARCHIVED-lich1313 Guest

Okay, I was running Greater Fury Adept 3 and War Chant App 4 at the same time while soloing. Not a good idea since Berzerking seems to take longer then it used to or overrides all other commands now and both those buffs were giving a combined 30% chance. (Thats gonna be friggn killer in agroup though. ; ) )

Is it any tougher to hold agro now? I've noticed we do more damage but Sunder no longer has the stun/knock-back and it looks like the over all threat increases were lowered.

Pardon the run-on sentences.
  3. ARCHIVED-INFKT Guest

Well, I did not have that casting problem that you did, but I did have the aggro keeping problem, and all my taunts are adept 3. Keeping aggro against a fabled assassin, even with a weapon such as the RGF or Prismatic 2h which I use, I had a huge problem keeping aggro, but it's his own fault that he died 4 times in 20 minutes :\
  4. ARCHIVED-Derinius Guest

You know, with assassins doing such killer damage now, they may have to hold back a bit in the beginning of the fight like casters do. I know even pre-LU13 they could sometimes get a massive hit and have aggro the whole fight (not often but it happened).

I haven't had a chance to group yet since the update. I'll probably do some duoing this weekend with an assassin though. I'll let ya know how it goes.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ethelwolf Guest

Yes Lich1313 the Berserker berserk emote trap is killing me too. This isn't imagined, but real. The Berserker berserk emote is nothing more then a self interupt and has been since the game was released. It's just much worse now.
  6. ARCHIVED-Maccus Guest

Yeah, this was happening to me last night when I was hunting in Rivervale. I was grouped and had War Chant and Greater Fury up and would be berserk almost constantly. It was getting to a point the mob was just beating on me and I couldn't tell if I was actually doing any damage to it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Nosnemi1 Guest

Yeah same here...especially when a wave of four adds comes in I go into constant berserk emote. What needs to be examined is are we doing damage while in constant emote that isnt a proc from armor or weapon? But even if we are it still blows as I would rather be run an aoe stun or nock down to keeo their damage down for a moment then be in constant berzerk. If i cant cast Im not in favor of it no matter how benificial is it is overall.
  8. ARCHIVED-MillsFairchild Guest

We do attack while the berserk animation is playing.

Are you sure you weren't being stunned (and going berserk at the same time)?
  9. ARCHIVED-Nosnemi1 Guest

there is that possibility I wanted to look into before crying wolf. However seeing as others had already said something I thought my suspessions were true. There was stunning going on last night as well as server lag spikes for just a moment so it was hard to gage. Plus my UI is fubar so I had enought to concetrate on besides the bersek emote,,, Obviously Im going to havve to solo a bit more to really get a feel for it because I believe the stun was more predominant in the grp battles.
    I guess we all have something to look at tonight.
  10. ARCHIVED-Dulanic Guest

Thats exactly what their seeing. You continue to fight through the emote.... just with how much mobs stun now I think thats what they are running into.
  11. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

I have to assume it's mod stuns. Any mob 46+ seems to have access to a lot of stuns. I was hit with Vanquish a couple times in the gator caves in the new areas... fighting cyclops, same thing.... 6+ second stuns while I sat there zerking my head off.
  12. ARCHIVED-XensosKinein Guest

I believe what you may be seeing is the animation overiding your autoattack animation. It looks like you stop attacking when Zerk kicks in, but you'll notice that you are still doing damage and spells still cast. I do admit that the constant zerk when fighting group mobs is annoying... especially since the sound plays over and over again. Throw in 5 other group members attacking with Warchant on and all you ever here is the zerking sound.
    So yes, it is annoying... no it's not broken
  13. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

I agree that having the berserk animation constantly going off one right after the other during big fights with lots of mobs so that your character has no other animation through just about the whole fight is rather annoying but I don't think it effects the actual combat in any way at all. It does not actually interrupt casting or melee attacks at all, as far as I can tell, it just overrides their animations.
  14. ARCHIVED-Chogar Guest

After killing some solo encounters in Maj'Dul (what can I say, I need the coins from the coin guards :smileywink: ) I can say the Berserk animation is not preventing us from attacking. Everytime I started to mass Berserk and was not hitting the enemy I was stunned (can tell this because all of your combat arts are greyed out). Once the stun wears off, the health of the enemy goes down even with the berserk animations going off or me using a combat art.
  15. ARCHIVED-Nosnemi1 Guest

Yeah I also tried last night and found out there are a crazy amount of stuns out there. Insane amounts of stuns actually but thats cool cause thats the same thing I hear from the ppl I pvp is the crazy amount of stuns I have while beating them to a pulp (actually its rarely one sided but Im still at 20 for 20.)
  16. ARCHIVED-Ethelwolf Guest

Yes it is true the Berserk emote does interupt casting and even auto attacks. But for all those who seem not to mind that, I have this to say. Is the Berserk emote all I get to look at forever? Doing the same emote over and over and over again is a complete drag even if it doesn't effect combat (which it does). The emote has to go.
    There I stand with my 2hnd sword pointed into the sky as mobs die around me. Wow what melee action this is. The emote sucks and it does interupt casting and auto attack.
  17. ARCHIVED-XensosKinein Guest

One other thing to consider about this emote, we should not have to look at our icons to see if they are greyed out if we are stunned. This zerking mote is hindering us when it comes to what is actually going on with the battle. How do we get the devs to look at an issue in the threads here? Perhaps all the zerkers should pass along to all the other zerker to take a little time to do a / bug or at least a /feedback and send a one line message that reads "The emote berzerking animation interfere's with game experience, please change or remove"
    This way the devs will know that A.we all agree that this is a problem, and B. We don't mind if our zerker doesn't hold his sword up in the air and play a whooshing sound EVERYTIME they are hit
    What do you think guys, /bug and passit on?
  18. ARCHIVED-Negligent Guest

The berserk animation has never interrupted any of my auto attacks or CAs before or after the CU. It definitely does interrupt my enjoyment of the character though. About 80% of every fight he just stands there and puts his weapon up while he glows red. Yeah, you're going berzerk, I get it already. Stop embarrasing me by looking like you're doing nothing and get back to swinging that axe for crying out loud.

I really wish they would fix this since it would be so incredibly easy.
  19. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"Yes it is true the Berserk emote does interupt casting and even auto attacks."

Well your char must be seriously bugged then because I can honestly say that doesn't ever happen to me. I can easily tell that I am still doing damage to mobs and other players during pvp with my melee weapon and with my CA's while berserk is procing at the same time. I have never gotten any message that any of my CA's have been interrupted while going berserk, have you? Plus I can still cast any of my CA's while it is going off, none of my hotbar icons get grayed out because of it. That only happens when I actually get stunned by a spell that another player or npc has casted on me and I can see the icon for it in my active spells window (usually looks like a little ice whirl type of thing if it's from a caster and some tannish star type of symbol if it's from a melee class). Of course I have noticed that I tend to get stunned a lot more when there are a lot of mobs on me that have a stun attack, which also causes me to go berserk a lot more from getting hit by so many mobs at the same time. So it may seem that you are getting stunned more at the same time you are procing berserk more, but you are most likely getting confused and placing the blame where it doesn't belong. From what I can tell the berserk proc works exactly the same as when any one of my item's procs goes off - it doesn't effect anything else I do, it's just that sometimes the animation from the proc takes over the animations of any other actions that are taking place at the same time. Well, in the case of berserk, it's animation always takes over other animations of other spells no matter what. And yes, that can be annoying but trust me, it doesn't actually hurt your performance in any way. At least it's not supposed to and doesn't seem to for me and most other berserkers. So I'm not calling you a lair, but I have to say you're either mistaken or have a serious bug problem.
  20. ARCHIVED-XensosKinein Guest

One thing that people may be experienceing, and something I have experienced with the proc is lag. I work in a remote location for 2 weeks at a time. When I am at work, I have to play on Dial up... which sucks really really bad. Anyhow, I noticed that, when Zerk is going off I get pretty choppy, I've played with all my zerk procs turned off so I wouldn't zerk and the fights were smooth and the animations were able to cast normally. I think with the frequency that the proc goes off, the amount of animation that goes with it is way too much. The original poster suggested just giving the toon a red aura when zerk is active. That would be perfect in my opinion.