Berzeker magic

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-hortefoutre, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Yesterday my 36 paladin went to runny with a Berzeker (49 mentoring down to 36) and two dress wearers (mage or aoe mage), since i can solo almost anything there (not ruggax for sure) i was expecting a fast paced instance with a lot of AOE going on.
    But i was truly impressed, the Zek took not two, not three, but all the groups in each room (named included). While he was packing the mobs he took no damage at all, and during the time it took us to kill them he usually took no damage either. I had to heal but not much.
    Apparently his God mode was not up always, i wonder what he used. May be a 100% parry/riposte or something similar to divine aura but lasting way longer, probably close to 30 seconds.
    Having a baby zek myself I am interested.
    My paladin could probably get close to that with divine aura + the reflect aura (end of int line) but it would mean giving up the avenger column, that would give me 30second of god mode if timed properly.
  2. ARCHIVED-Tasmai Guest

It simply has to do with the mechanics of mentoring. Mentor your paladin down to 20 and go into blackburrow or wailing caves and you will encounter the same thing. You picked a good class to experience this to, as crusaders are hands down the best classes at destroying lower tier content while mentored. As a moderately geared lvl 90 SK or Pally you could mentor to anything 70 and below and solo any content designed for those levels, easily.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rolande' Guest

Its probably not just mentoring, he did say his god mode wasnt always up.

So I am guessing this zerk has some nice aa for his level. Zerks have an ability at the end of their zerk tree that heals them for 4% every time they are hit for 30 seconds. Its called battle frenzy, this is probably the ability he was using.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tasmai Guest

No, you have to be lvl 81 to get battle frenzy, regardless of how many aa's he had.

It's mentoring :)
  5. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Saleno@Guk wrote:
    The dude was 49 so it was a rather moderate mentoring ... (well may be i m wrong and he was 80 or 90 but i m rather sure that i read 49(36)) . My warden two can destroy up to red instance till probably T7.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kunaak Guest

I was soloing tons of stuff like that in ROK, with barely 100 aa and level 50'ish gear and stuff.
    mentoring just does that - trivializes old content.
    theres nothing we got at level 50, to compare to adrenaline, or battlefrenzy or anything else. the most I can think of, is maybe gut roar - but thats nearly useless since its gone after 1 parry. maybe vision of madness but thats nearly useless too. unyielding will is hardly gonna do a thing for you in that kinda situation. only thing it really can be, is simple mentoring.
  7. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Very few AoE abilities at 49 and nothing at all defensively. No matter how many AAs he had there's just nothing remotely "god mode" ish that would have prevented him from taking damage. There's really nothing to tear rooms up with either. No Rampage. Nothing more than 1 frontal, 1 AOE, and one AE. Not even the temporary 100% AE autoattack ability.
  8. ARCHIVED-Beef_Supreme Guest

Battlegrounds Ward, maybe?
    Makes a huge difference for me if I mentor down. Makes me impervious to all non-Heroics, and even the Heroics have to be even con or better (in relation to the mentored level) to hurt me.
    I am blown away by how much difference the Ward makes for me in situations like that, though I do have my Avoidance cranked up a LOT as well.
  9. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

well the mystery hold, mentors are only Gods when they mentor down by either several tiers or from 90 (due to the stength of level 90 gear). But 49 down to 36 is certainly not explaining all.
    At 38 my paladin could pull 2-3 gnolls camp is steamfront, that's about 2 heroics group (7-8 normal mob) but he had too burn DA.
    Yesterday the weird thing was to see a 36 tanks (49 mentor) taking zero damage from ? 16 normal mobs with named inside (3-4 heroics packs).
    I don't know what is the BG ward ;-)
  10. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

The only thing I can think of is Adrenaline. That combined with defensive buffs and enough AA points in the right places to keep Berserk up most of the time can make a 'zerker pretty near impervious to damage for 20-30 seconds. You pay for it in power drain when Adrenaline wears off, though, and you dont' get Adrenaline until 80 so that can't be it.
    There's an end-line AA that 'zerkers get that gives you a big heal whenever you're hit, but he'd have to be 81 to open that one up.
  11. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

At level 49 adrenaline wouldn't be available. He might have had the agility end line in the warrior tree, but using that makes aggro tricky. It was probably mostly due to mentoring and using defensive buffs. Remember that RE was created before AAs existed and was initially intended for characters with 0 AA.
  12. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

It's definitely not a class thing. As noted a 49 Berserker has no defensive abilities other than temporary mitigation increases and temporary Def/Parry/Block Chance, and fewer AOE/AE abilities than either Crusader.
    What's most puzzling is the line that "his God mode was not up always". There's really nothing at all that would be big defensively at that level but on a long timer.
    The BG ward is any class, of course. It would be up and refreshing all the time. So that's not it.
    Using level 42 MC gear in RE goes pretty far in helping you dominate, but that's all the time too. Gear really goes a long way; I mean, I don't have to use defensive abilities when chronomentoring down to 70 and room pulling KoS instances solo. Stuff just doesn't hurt anymore.
    Gut Roar is attainable then ... but that blocks ONE attack, and can be used once a minute. Doesn't go very far with room pulls.
    The Warrior Agility AA mentioned previously lasts a whopping 12 seconds, parries all attacks, and is every 3 minutes. That's really the only defensive ability possible to obtain at that level. Berserkers generally don't go there, but at 49 it's not a bad place to put points just to gain SOME AoE ability. But that defensive ability also quite noticably turns you into a newt for those 12 seconds.
    Now I feel like we all need to know. Could you pull up your log and give us a name please?
  13. ARCHIVED-asteldian Guest

Well, if he had the 5 points in the damage reduction, any non ^ arrow mobs would do nothing to him - at lvl 21 I had over 70AAs and had the damage reduction, doing the HQ Lightstone final part of quest the 15+ mobs were totally harmless.
    So, DR and mntored down would make you very tough. Also, maybe he had the Sta endline? Does that do any real healing?
    Though none of that explains 'god mode not always up'