Berserker, Race, and You

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-kr8ztwin, Sep 21, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-kr8ztwin Guest

Ok, I've been looking into stats of different races I've seen playing similar classes lately and I wanna clear something up. Do races upgrade stronger in their primary stats per lvl? I don't recall this happening before but i've put nothing into my agilty (save for a few slight bumps in gear) and I'm running over 100 at lvl 47.

Please post your race, hp, STR, AGIL, STA if you are interested in comparing. I have focus'd everything into STA and I'm using all Treasured equipment save for imbued ebon chest and legs. I am self buffed with only perm duration buffs. No potions. +20 STA with hex dolls.

47 Ratonga Berserker
    3,882 HP
    148 STR
    102 AGIL
    152 STA
    Message Edited by kr8ztwin on 09-21-2005 09:32 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

Okies...well here are my stats currently when I'm fully self-buffed including all my ring buffs (I don't rememer what they are without them because I always have them on):

51 Troll Berserker
    -----------------------
    4293 HP
    243 STR
    170 AGI
    168 STA

This is wearing a full set of pristine ebon armor (which altogether adds up to 28 str, 31 agi, and 19 sta), bloodfire and sbs (22 str and 21 sta together), +12 str hex doll, +12 sta hex doll, ancient cedarwood long bow (+10 agi and +10 str), thunderstone amulet (+7 sta and +13 str), 2 pristine ruby rings (+8 sta each), 2 pristine rhodium bangles (+8 sta and +7 str each), unargin's smithy apron (+10 sta), and last but not least, good old fishbone (+8 agi and +8 sta). FYI I believe the rings buffs I use give me +16 agi, str, and sta.
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 09-21-2005 12:36 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

SBS = Shiny Brass Shield? Did they change that or something? I remember it was a crappy round shield =P
  4. ARCHIVED-kr8ztwin Guest

you get a choice for kite or round shield. (or was it tower or round). It still looks like a round shield but its ubber heh
  5. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"SBS = Shiny Brass Shield? Did they change that or something? I remember it was a crappy round shield =P"

Not sure what planet you're from (eq1 perhaps?) but in this game SBS is the reward from a T4 heritage quest in the form of a kite sheild (for plate tanks) that currently has 630 shield factor I believe (it used to be well over 700 before the last patch they did that nerfed the crap out of the SF on every sheild in the game), 11 str, 10 sta, AND a stun proc. So it is rather nice, probably the best non-fabled shield for 50-ish tanks at the moment. There is another version of it that is considered a round sheild that plate healers get when they do the quest however. But it's still not that crappy.
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 09-21-2005 12:52 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-SirPrec!ze Guest

7. ARCHIVED-z2xm Guest

No. It is not better.

SBS is still better compared to cedar, though not by as much as before.

Same AC at 630
    Cedar has wisdom and int modifiers and a 5% chance to proc damage when hit
    SBS has STR/STM modifiers and a 2 or 3% chance to proc a stun.

So not only are you doing more damage with melee attacks, but you also have more hp. And imo a stun is going to save you more often then a little extra damage will. Yes the stun procs less then the damage does, however when combined with the str modifier you will likely make up much of the damage lost from not having the damage proc. Not to mention that since healers often are having a much rougher time healing then they used to I will take all the stuns i can get.

Jinos
    L D'L
  8. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. Last I looked the cedar tower sheild has more SF but has INT and WIS and instead of STR and STA and like the previous person said, a damage proc instead of a stun proc. At this point I am not willing to sacrifice the STR and STA I get from SBS until I get a good fabled tower sheild with good stats on it, like the Tower Sheild of Woe (I think that's the best one I have seen in the game so far).
  9. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

This planet =) Looks like you got yours quite a while after I got mine. At that time there was no option for a Kite version. We got stuck with the buckler. Anyway, did a search and seems like I can sell it to the Shady Swashbuckler at Nek Docks and get my Kite version there for those interested.
  10. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

Before the revamp, the cedar tower did have more shield factor. After the revamp, they are the same. This goes for the cedar kite shield as well. The other stats are juggled a bit. The T6 rare crafted would probably be higher. I have yet to see one, though. INT and WIS seem to have a pretty decent impact on your resistances as well.
  11. ARCHIVED-danceswnymphs Guest

This post went from: Berserker, Race, and You to: What shield do you have and which is best....lol
  12. ARCHIVED-Ravendarth Guest

Little lower level than original poster but....

Lvl 34
    H-2505
    P-1315
    Str- 137
    AGI-77
    Sta-102
    Int-33
    Wis-41
  13. ARCHIVED-RaunII Guest

well, i am not sure about what my buffs are without all buffs up, so here is what i have with a Imbued Opaline Ring of Srenth (im thinking its 4.3 strenth extra,not sure) so, here goes.

LVL 34 Wood Elf Berzerker
    2116 health
    need to look at my power,I dont know it off hand
    216 Strenth(with ring buff)
    87 agility without buffs,117 with buffs
    43 stamina (woohoo)

i use a gorhorn two hander and imbued feysteel armour,strenth +10 dolls, and the rest of my equipment is selected for strenth buffs, except my orc spaulders, cant find spaulders my level with +strenth. yay for wood elves with more strenth than ogres!!!! :p
  14. ARCHIVED-hockeyplayer43 Guest

Prov Da Dorf here joo want to know me states ay...
    Dorf 50 zerker
    4199 hp
    2181 power
    180 str or so buffed
    134 ish buffed for stam
    113 ish buffed agility
  15. ARCHIVED-Longfangz Guest

SBS is 675 actually, vs a cedar tower shield at 630, so it's slightly better as far as shield factor, not to mention the added hps and stun(lets face it, if you are tanking your dps isn't really a factor, so the stun, shield factor and hps makes up for the proc on the cedar). I pretty much only pull out the cedar when I am offtanking during an AE encounter for the minor resists gained from the +11 wis on the cedar. Healers should be focusing more on the MT while minor group heals should cover those people not taking melee damage. if it's all melee, then SBS is definatly preferred.
  16. ARCHIVED-bmcdsm Guest

I think it all washes out in the end with only a few stat points here or there difference. Your gear will determine pretty much everything. Pick a race you like for whatever reason you want. I chose barbarian because it just seemed to fit the berserker idea I had in my head. The only regret I have is that I REALLY, and I do mean REALLY miss the night vision option I get from my other charecters which are all Kerra. If I was not level 44 allready I would reroll a Kerra berserker for this reason alone. I know I can adjust the gamma, and I do when I play my berserker. But, I really wish it was not required for me to feel comfortable creeping around dungeons and dark forests like Nektalos.
  17. ARCHIVED-MondaynSilvaCor Guest

51 Dark Elf Berserker
    4316 HP
    214 Str
    141 Agi
    169 Sta