Berserker questions

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Malianna, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Malianna Member

Hey guys,returning veteran here!

I've been gone sense DoV and I was thinking on bringing back my berserker,dust em off the shelf and such. I'd say my gear is only the PE quest stuff,nothing fancy.

I was wondering how they are these days. I've been hearing mixed reviews on both sides. However,I might want to point out that I only intend to do group content.

Would being a guardian be better off or are zerkers pretty decent?
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Hey glad to see an old player returning to the game. Lord knows it is a pleasure to see a new face. I happen to main a Guardian in hard mode raid content. I can easily say that while fun you can viably play a zerk in heroic content. You have good AE aggro tools and most heroic fights don't require endlessly blocking deathtouches like raid encounters. A Guardian does less damage but has much more utility to live with and control hate. Many players I know who still play Warriors enjoy the zerk in heroic content though in raid they are a bit lackluster.

Since you only intend to do heroic content I would recommend looking over the fighter threads or asking on your server if any high level zerks have some tips for you. As a Guardian I can't offer that much AA advice wise specifically but I wish you a fun time in Norrath.
  3. Netty Member

Berserkers is working well atm. Group content i think you will be happy. As berzerks are kinda strong with mobs that dont hit that hard. Its a fun class. For heroics well just pick what ever you want tbh. I myself would say that berserks have the edge over guardians in heroic content. Zerks do this very well aswell.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Depends on the gear, I have no issues holding aggro with my Guardian but I have end-game raid gear. Frequently outparse heroic dpsers and have 80% AE auto-attack and 100% hate mod. So yes you have overpowered gear of course you will do well.

Zerkers are the better lower-tier tank though for heroics. Guardians are single-target tanks at heart wheras zerks are built for AE so they flourish better in heroics.
  5. Netty Member

I never said berserks hold aggro better than guards in heroics. On aoe:s well maybe. But guards hold aggro alot better on singel target. What imo makes berserks better at heroic is the way they heal. Surviveability vs mobs that dont hit hard is way better on a berserk.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Agreed Zerks have much better self-heals when compared against Guards. Your last statement is also quite true.