Berserk Haste and the Absolute Minimum Delay for Weapons

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Excalibre3377, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Jherad Guest

Silly me. Thanks for pointing that out Konofo. That'll teach me to post at ridiculous times in the morning :)
  2. ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe Guest

This gem has saved me alot of trouble, thank you for your analysis.
  3. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

well only one thing has been tested there...still tons of things to unravel and "confrim" That post is cool but its all guesses and theory....we dont know if the arts speed are based on mainhand..or an average of both..that alone would makea huge difference in weapon choice...as well as knowing if the hastes all stack..

How is the delay calculated after casting a spelll in combat? is the weapon delay based on the full weapon speed of main hand or average..again pretty important imo to get back into fighting...but there is not much difference between a 1.4 and a 1.7 so making a general assumption through observation might create an incorrect fact...

Understanding the fundamentals of dual wield and the mechnicas will be important ground work taht will take time...but when its done opions can be made off the results...amking opions and theorys before doing any logging or critical observation...is misleading

wish I didnt have to work so much end of year and that I could upgrade my PC before xmas ;/ all crafting atm for m
    Message Edited by OverlordMLF on 12-14-2004 01:20 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Jbex Guest

Yes, to fully document this will take weeks if not months of logging and research. It will also take helpfull and willing members of the above listed classes donating their time throughout so that we may better choose our weapons.

"we dont know if the arts speed are based on mainhand..or an average of both"

I don't know what you mean by "arts speed". Just like spells arts have predetermined casting and recast times. After completing most arts or spells there is a 0.5 second recovery period before another art or spell can be triggered. You can see the exact duration by examining the ability. HO starters are an exception and most likely not the only one. Note that this is different from the reuse timers of the individual abilities.

"How is the delay calculated after casting a spelll in combat? is the weapon delay based on the full weapon speed of main hand or average..again pretty important imo to get back into fighting...but there is not much difference between a 1.4 and a 1.7 so making a general assumption through observation might create an incorrect fact..."

Weapon delay is not depandant on the main hand nor is it an average value. When dual wielding each hand swings independently. If you equip a 2.0 delay main hand and a 1.0 delay offhand your main hand will swing every 2.0 seconds while the offhand swings every 1.0 seconds. Simple as that.

As for delay before melee swings after completing an art, it doesnt seem like there is any apart from the regular delay between auto attacks. If the swing was delayed by the casting of a combat art the swing is taken right after the completion of the art. But You may have a point there, I'll get back to you with a log file. It will most likely require further updating of the parser.