Beginner Brig requesting guidance!

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Aeseiri, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Aeseiri New Member

Hello, Thank you for checking out my thread. I played Coercer 7 years ago religiously. Want to make a brig now that I have returned. Any links to current-applicable guides, rotations, macros, and AA specs would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance for any help.
    Jesaine likes this.
  2. Vellox_EQ2 Member

My 2 cents worth

Brigs were once a nice class

If you expect to be competitive roll a different class

The Brig class is what Rangers were couple a pf years ago

the proverbial sacrificial baby

Useless buffs and crappy DPS

And the Developer ( the one that is left) don't seem to care/notice
  3. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Can't speak to lower levels, but at 125 Brigs are doing pretty well.
  4. Rrenee Member

Brigs have some of the best DEBUFFS in the game. A raid without a Brig debuffing the bosses is going to be there a good bit longer than they should be.
    Smashey likes this.
  5. Aethos Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call them crap DPS. They're not as great as a swashbuckler at AE, but they're solid single target.
    Unless you're just one of those people that the raid should only be the absolute maximum DPS for every DPS slot with no exceptions. Anyway, they definitely don't lag behind on single target to a degree I'd consider significant.
  6. Cyenadros Active Member

i've rolled a birg as well

my question is Daring Advance vs Blackguard; which stance should i be using and when?
  7. Jesaine Well-Known Member

I would imagine one is a more defensive stance, probably best used for groups while the other is more offense oriented and probably good for solo play. THAT assuming the stances are set up anything like Fighters. If I'm wrong I know somebody will be along VERY quick to correct me. :p

Interesting reading though. I couldn't really tell much about Brigands from their description on the character creation page and had assumed they were simply closer to how fighters play. The debuffs sound fun. I have a Dirge that's 34 now I think and her debuffs just let her tear through Agnostic Solo dungeons. How to Brigs compare?
  8. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Lest I forget. Welcome back to the game. Alot of us are returning after the game engine upgrade. I'll leave the answers to your questions to those more qualified however. :)
  9. Smashey Well-Known Member

Blackguard has been useful for one entire fight in the entire lifespan of the game.

Daring Advance is one of the absolute strongest passive damage sources in the game. So of course you want to use Daring Advance 99.999% of the time.
    Jesaine likes this.
  10. Svenone Well-Known Member

In the past Brigands were "light" tanks and could take that role in a pinch. But, the game has changed and now tanks all but require Bolster, which brigands do NOT get. This makes the brigand's defense stance (Blackguard) and their wimpy taunt(s) all but useless. If you don't even put Blackguard on your hot bar, the chances are very good that you will never miss it.
    Jesaine likes this.