BEAST'R EXTRAVAGANZA

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Fiadhe, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Fiadhe Member

Supposed to begin today, 3/27/2018 four hours ago, and end 4/4/2018
    So where is it? Where are the NPC's. or eggs?
    Having never done this before, could someone please explain the how-to for me please?
    Many thanks
  2. Porrum Member

You can find colorful eggs in the starting zones and major cities. They become fun pets, and can be exchanged for house item versions. There's a writeup (and pictures!) here on EQ2 Traders.
  3. Fiadhe Member

Thank you so much for your input, Porrum.
    I have spent the past couple of hours running around every starting zone and city that I can get into, no NPC and no eggs.
    I am at present in New Halas in the exact place shown in the pic on EQ2 traders, nothing here, no NPC.
    I tried, Queens Colony, Timorous Deep, Darklight Woods, Kelethin, Greater Faydark Nursery, Qeynos, Frostfang starter zone, right across the water to the path up to New Halas, both paths actually. There are no NPCs that I can see anywhere, and no eggs. Do you think they will appear after the server downtime?
  4. Fiadhe Member

Sorry, I should add that I am in Halls of Fate server
  5. Porrum Member

They were not working right earlier, but now that the servers are coming up after the patch, they are being found on Maj'Dul (and hopefully the other servers, soon!).
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We had no issues finding them on AB. Hopefully the OP has found a few now.
  7. Evilnok Active Member

Actually they aren't in the city at all,they are only zones like Darklight Woods same with the merchant to get house pets from this event so EQ2 traders has it wrong where the merchants are located to trade the eggs for house items
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

The exchange merchant for Neriak is indeed out in Darklight somewhere (which Niami said in the writeup), but the eggs most certainly are in the cities. At least they are in Qeynos, Freeport and Neriak. I didn't try Gorowyn, New Halas, or Kelethin due to zone layouts and my time constraints.
  9. Tekka Well-Known Member

I got eggs in Gorowyn, New Halas and Kelethin, as well as Neriak, and the bulk of the collection in Freeport
    Finora likes this.
  10. ozzyfudd New Member

Coming back to EQ2 after being away for a year or so. Cannot see any eggs in Qeynos or Kelethin or anywhere else. Asked guards, no clue.
    Is there some expansion that is needed? I haven't kept up to date with all those.
  11. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I got mine in Darklight Wood and a couple in Frostfang Sea.
  12. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It's hard because there's so much competition in every area. You just have to keep asking the guards, and then run really fast to the location when they tell you where there's an egg.

Keep in mind that they only point to the nearest egg, and often they'll point to someone's pet. You have to pay attention to the text that says specifically what they're pointing to. In Neriak they annoyingly sometimes point to the Beastlord trainer.

It appears, though, that unclaimed eggs have highest priority for the guards' direction, then other peoples' pets have next priority, then NPCs have last priority. I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like to me so far.

Some people will camp specific locations where they know an egg will pop; this can be the easiest method, particularly at times of the day when there's a lot of competition, and every time you run to a spot that the guard has pointed to, nothing is there. It's NOT, however, the best method for finding specific eggs if you want one of each for the titles. It is also not the best strategy if there aren't a lot of people in that zone going for them; more won't pop until the one or two that are currently up are harvested.
  13. Tabbyclouds Member

I completed the achievements on 3 characters on Stormhold server on Thursday with no problem. I have just completed this years on a character and it's not showing up at all in achievements. Last years is still showing as completed. Started it on a relatively new character who hadn't done last years or this years and neither are showing in achievements - empty or finished. Anyone else getting this problem?
  14. Tabbyclouds Member

Actually, I wonder if I have solved it - I took a couple of spares out of the bank to finish off - I wonder if it only shows if you have collected them all yourself?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yes, you have to actually collect the eggs with that character.
    Simparri likes this.