Beastlord pet request...

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Heinzy, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Heinzy Active Member

Can our pets at least be on par with the conj's pets.
    My conj's mage pet can tank most solo encounters, I sometimes forget he's out in the field clearing what ever has agro'd me.

My Warder on the other hand cries in pain and more times then many I find myself recasting him trying to figure out what took him down.
  2. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Conjurers pets are supposed to be really tough, that's what the class is all about. Most of a conjurer's damage comes from their pet, and half of their abilities are designed to support it. Beastlords are, if you'll excuse the pun, a totally different animal. Beastlord pets are designed to be something the beastlord takes care of and protects, while allowing the beastlord to unleash the power within him through teamwork. Essentially, beastlord pets are not there to tank or to DPS by themselves, they exist only to help the beastlord proc advantages. Asking for your to be "at least" as strong as a conjurer pet is like asking that your salary be "at least" as high as a CEO of a Fortune 500 company.

Also, one of the endline abilities in the new prestige tree will resolve your dying pet issues. It's an always-on pet deathsave that can proc every 30 seconds.
    Mizery likes this.
  3. Sylvain Member

Greets, my fellow Norrathians. I have been hunting a particular Chokidai for a few days now, both online and in game. It is horned black and red striped. There is a pic of it here on the zam BL page
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Beastlord_(EQ2_Subclass)

The pic in on the right side of the page, of the "Offensive Warders" section of the page. I have found a few other images, but this is one of the best.

If you have seen or, know what this reptile is called, and a location, please post that here. I thank you in advance.
    I have found it as a DM spawner as Chokidai (fury) but due to the Zam pic it must be a tamable pet ... yes?

The pic seems to be in Lavastorm and I have scoured the zone with my ranger but have found nada so far.

Again thanks from my BL. ;)
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

I don't think it'll be in lavastorm. Chokidai are almost exclusively in kunark zones, so that can narrow your search down quite a bit. I'd focus on the heroic dungeons first - the overland Chokidai tend to look more wild and natural. Maybe look at Court of Korucust and Emperor Atrebe's Laboratory.
  5. Sylvain Member

Thanks ... every bit helps ... It has now become a must have =D ... for my BL.
  6. Kilrane New Member

I don't have a problem with my warder at all.