BeastLord or Conjuror?

Discussion in 'Beastlord' started by ARCHIVED-Whatley, Dec 29, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Whatley Guest

Hi Everyone,
    I just came back to the game from a long break and I am really enjoying it. I am however in a bit of a hard spot. I am trying to pick which class I should level. I have always loved the conjuror class and still do, but the beastlord is something new for me and I love it so far.
    My main focus down the road is going to be PvP since thats what I enjoy and I guess my question is which class does better in PvP? Is one significantly better than the other? Any opinions or tips would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
  2. ARCHIVED-DataOutlaw Guest

Well you are posting in the BL forum so replies you get are bound to be a little less then objective. I can tell you that I was away from the game for a long time and only came back for Beastlord and F2P and the first thing I did was go through and delete the characters that I didn't want to pay for the race or class on (before they announced that I wouldn't have to !&$!&@%$) and one of the characters I deleted was my gnome conjurer.

I don't PvP much but personally I would take a BL over a Conjurer for PvP any day. The conjurer falls over in one hit when a DPS-er gets within arms length where the BL can take some hits and give back as good as he is getting. Plus with all of the different specials and AAs to apply to the different types of warders I bet you can really customize your AA and warders for pretty awesome PvP.
  3. ARCHIVED-SirBarmace Guest

Personally speaking I bought/cameback/am paying a full membership for being a Beastlord. I love pet classes you name it and I have played the game if it has a pet class.
    from my perspective.
    Conjurer. I never lay a hand on you. I cast spell if my pet dies im pretty screwed because I have no armor
    Beastlord. I am in your face punching with my pet biting you. if my pet dies will it will take me longer but you die.

I have a 40 conjurer ratonga 45 necromancer ratonga 30 Beastlord.
    One big thing thing I can not address is the fact that my Beastlord can take down stuff 7 levels above and possible even higher but that is because I didn't invest in AA's with my magic classes and I am running with 40AA points and that has made a DRASTIC change.
    both can heal their pets but I love the fact that I fight side by side with my pet as a Beastlord.
    Necro/Conj/Beastlord are all very different play styles
    Con. You really need tie down and debuff alot with the mobs
    Beast you can send the pet in and then follow Beasts have savagery that does Massive amounts of damage when you raise it up and you have a sorta proc that does a lot of damage to get your savagery bar up.
    I really hope that I helped a bit.
    I wish my Conjurer had more AA's I think I have 20 so my power of my beastlord would be more even to give you a better assessment. but for me personally I have always said if EQ2 brought in Beastlords I am in. 1 day after the release I was in.
  4. ARCHIVED-Therendil Guest

I have a 58 Conjuror with decent gear and decent AA. I'm also leveling up a BL (currently in his mid 20s).
    My opinion is that you can't compare these classes directly. I started in EQ in 1999 and EQII in 2008. I have never seen anything like the current BL class. It has attributes of several other classes and it's a unique experience. The BL is a pet class that tanks and hits like a monk, and sneaks like a Scout (with Scout positional attacks).
    I will say that the Conjuror is easier to run. The BL is a very complex class to learn and play well.
    The BL is more powerful in a lot of situations. In my experience, it is the most powerful class at a given level that I have ever played. The only weakness is that when things go wrong for a BL, they go wrong fast. An encounter that gets out of hand is usually BIG trouble. That could be my inexperience with the class.
    It's also worth noting that I play my Conjuror with a maxed-out tank pet tuned to take all the abuse for both of us. Might vary some with different pet choices.
    You DO need real AA for any class to work well. All my people are cruising since I set a policy of getting everyone's AA up to at least 2x their level.
    In the end, I can't really tell you to play one or the other. Conjuror is one of my favorite classes, but the Beastlord is just something you need to try for yourself to understand.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lithran Guest

Beastlard@Crushbone wrote:
    ROAR!!! love this. And your right. I have played mostly tanks and to be honest I am loving the BL since I can do that, WITH a pet who well, follows me, adores me and well tells me when I can attack even harder!.