BeastLord Hawk Eye ?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Undeadraver, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Undeadraver New Member

Hello everyone started playing a beastlord and some of the Beastlord skill don't seem to do what they advertise.

Here is the biggest one that is flat wrong.

[IMG]

Now this is my potency before using the skill.
    [IMG]

This is my potency with the buff on.
    [IMG]

So i am not sure what is going but i am sure that this skill doesn't add 19.5%.

Any other Beastlord is having the same issue ?

Thanks
  2. Kodamungus Active Member

Check your gear and buffs for other things that proc POT increases. I stripped down naked and turned off everything except Feral Stance to test values. Hawk Eyes literally increases the POT and CB value 19.5. Since POT and CB are already percentages, the statement "Increases CB/POT of caster by 19.5%" is misleading if the current behavior is intended.

Base Pot: 55
    Hawk Eyes: 74.5
    True 19.5% = 10.725 (+19.5% = 65.725)

Base CB: 312
    Hawk Eyes: 331.5
    True 19.5% = 60.84 (+19.5% = 372.84)

If this is the desired effect, a more accurate description would be that Hawk Eyes "Increases caster's CB/POT by 19.5"

As you can see from my numbers, a true percentage increase of the base value would be a great DPS boost as the base number gets bigger so does the boost (POT vs CB in my example).

Your POT boost would result in a 57,024 potency value for the duration of Hawk Eyes which honestly isn't unreasonable.

So the question is, what did the Devs intend and how do other percentage based temp effects currently function across all class abilities and items? Is everything consistently adding the stated percentage increase to the value of a percentage based stat or are some actually increasing by a percent of the percent?
  3. Undeadraver New Member

I mean if it's suppose to only add 19.5 potency make this skill useless. Why cast it ?
    Kodamungus likes this.
  4. Kodamungus Active Member

I bugged it so we'll see.

FWIW, feral primal ability Shalih Mar's Mandate is doing the same. Supposed to buff POT by 40-64%.

At 1195 pot, I only got buffs of 46-48.8 in 3 uses of the spell. Should have been a minimum of 478 if 40% of 1195.
  5. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

hawk eyes also increases savagery gain as well , and if you have all your warders , and have them all to the grand-master level you have a couple different items that fit in that slot , if you feel its not worth your time to click it put something else in the slot. I use it on my beastlord for the savagery push it gives.
    you have so much to use from the warders bar and the cast times are almost instant , most things are dead before you get to use any thing like all of it. one of the reasons I like the pq's , gives me a chance to run the savagery bar up to 6 and bounce from end to end on the bar to keep it there while casting everything.
  6. Karsa Active Member

Under - if you have 'Power from the Soul' aa. it gives potency when you use an ability so that maybe what your seeing on atop 'hawk eyes'.
  7. Doyus New Member

A vast majority of spells,ca’s, and AA are like this. The only way to find out which are worth putting points into or casting is to either experiment with them or rely on someone else’s observations. DBG seems to have zero interest in relooking at any of these. We were promised complete class overhauls several times over the last couple of years with no action.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

This has been a problem for a while with a lot of items marked incorrectly as raising a particular attribute by "x%." It raises it by adding that amount to the attribute mentioned. In your case, In this case, CB is raised by 19.5 points, not by 19.5%. Apparently, whoever populated the itemization tables didn't do well in math, haha. And clearly, no one else paid attention to it either or simply said, "they'll figure it out." This is true not just of Hawk Eye, but applies to a lot of items, so whenever you see "percentage" in a description, you're looking at one of the items we're talking about.