Beastlord gear.

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-zanzabar, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Gilasil Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Actually I love brawlers. I have a monk and a bruiser. The bruiser was my main for years. However, my objection stands. The last thing we need is ANOTHER brawler class. I.e. another so-called avoidance tank. Or, for that matter, another tank of any sort.
    I have no problems with the BL fighting alongside it's pet (I did that with my BL in EQ1). However, the contribution to DPS from the BL shouldn't be anything to write home about without its pet.
    There are many posts scattered throughout these boards suggesting that the two existing brawler classes be combined as they don't have enough difference to matter (they DO have differences though and details of the play can be different if you really use your abilities).
    Fighters are one of four archetypes, so if all things were equal you'd expect a well balanced raid to have something like 6 fighters. No freaking way. Any raid which brought along that many fighters better not be going after anything tough or they're going to be wiping a lot. Raiding mechanics in EQ2 are heavily slanted against needing many fighters.
    Raids typically bring far fewer fighters so fighters have a tough time getting into raids. The last thing this game needs is ANOTHER fighter class competing for those same few slots. It would just make a bad situation worse for everyone.
    I gave up raiding when the casual raiding alliance I was in announced last year that you shouldn't bring a fighter if you wanted to be included in the raid. They had their two tanks and needed the slots for more useful archetypes -- like anything but a fighter. So one way I'm looking at the BL is it may be a DPS class I can actually stand to play to 90. Because I sure can't stand any of the existing scout classes. I probably still wouldn't go back to that alliance after all that's happened but it would give options.
    Anyway, I'm definately rolling an Iksar beastlord and I'm glad they're slotted as a melee DPS class.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

However PQ's and many of the recent Events seem situated to having more tanks to hold aggro in different areas (most efficient SG is to have a T formation with one tank in every group and more if there is an Aggro Issue)
    What Tanks need are more buffs that Stack and that Contribute to the Group and Raid. (Monks have Exactly 1 and it does not stack)
    I just think that Gear and Lore is one way actual Class another is just odd.
    I think a Raid with 20 Monks and 4 Mystics could rock any raid zone.
  3. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Relace those 4 mystics with 4 more monks and you'd be right.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    Are you Crazy? We'd hit Critical mass and become a Texas Ranger! ;)
  5. ARCHIVED-jaguarjp Guest

I just wanted to pop in to say that in light of the itemization marvel that is GU 61, I have the utmost confidence that Beastlords, as a leather-wearing/Brawler-item-using/Scout/Pet class, will be perfectly itemized from 1-90 as SOON as the expansion goes live. : )

/em ducks and runs away, shielding head
  6. ARCHIVED-NEROLATHE Guest

Maybe..JUST MAYBE...Beastlords might be...Beastlords! We have an equivilant # of classes in each 4 archetypes, right? And, apparently Beastlords don't truely fit any ONE?! So, why not just let beastlords be beastlords?