Be careful what you delete!!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gerak, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avithax Well-Known Member

Agreed, but I have no clue how i'm not on your list yet :)

I lost an entire guild hall worth of items from the one time I shared with a friend.

What scares me more now though is based on my experience with other games having similar policies regarding restoration is that Daybreak has zero 3rd party authentication tools and their keytag page has been broken forever. It always gets to the last page using my credit card on file and says system error.

Common email password resets are rediculously unsecure regardless of how advanced your password is.
    suka likes this.
  2. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Consider this, Spock... What makes you believe that if EQN does well, that EQ2 will benefit in any way from it? I honestly do not see that happening. If EQN does amazingly well (or even decent), I believe the revenue will be split between Columbus Nova, and what remains will be used on new projects for PS4/XBOX/MobileApps etc. I doubt the higher up execs see any value in spending money on EQ1 or EQ2.

I would not say EQ2 is on life support. Not quite yet, anyways. But I believe actions speak louder than words. I have seen nothing to indicate plans exist to promote or re-invest into EQ2, but I have seen actions that indicate they plan to keep EQ2 limping along, so long as it runs a profit.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

That last part worries me the most. I don't own a 'gaming platform'. I've got a computer, I don't need to spend money on a less versatile platforms who's games cost as much or more then PC games and are frequently obsoleted faster then computers..
    suka and Deago like this.
  4. Deago Well-Known Member

New Game Z
    Gamer X has a pc sporting say i5 using intel 4000 graphics
    Gamer Y has a pc sporting 980 nvidia with all the goods etc...

If Game Z is not enjoyable by Gamer X and Y I would not buy into the game on the principle it is only catering to the elite crowd.

Countless successful games out there are successful because Gamer X can run the game smoothly on low-med settings and still have a great time while Gamer Y can go ultra and have just as much fun.

Soooo if the next mmorpg is only for the elite gamer....and I doubt that will happen...it really is not worth our time imho.

If some large company developed a great mmorpg (understanding the limitations but still managed to make it fun) that would run on a $35 usd Raspberry PI 2 I would totally jump on board. I believe old EQ could run on the hardware in theory...not certain...anyway lol

In case somebody is like what is this raspberry pi 2 ?
    http://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-2-model-b/

If that made any sense I am 1/2 asleep.
    suka likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

I have no problems games that run on both platforms (so long as they don't nerf the PC controls to horribly). Having them run ONLY on game platforms leaves people out as much as ones that run only on PCs. As a PC gamer, I'm not in favor of games I can't play on my PC :p

I'm also not sure what 'low to medium settings' and 'elite gamers' has to do with game platform vs PC?
    Kraeref, Charlice, suka and 1 other person like this.
  6. Deago Well-Known Member

Nah I was just stating my feelings on games that are only for elite bunch. Nothing really to do with console vs pc...I dare not open that can of worms lol ...I can string a few arguments that some could say regarding the relationship between pc and console...but I am too tired and that kind of discussion tends to lead into a loop of madness! lol
    suka likes this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ah, you had me confused since the comments were made in reply to my worry that Daybreak will concentrate solely on platform games in the future. Heck, even EQN has a interface that is aimed at the console crowd with extremely limited hotbars and abilities.
    Moonpanther, suka and Deago like this.
  8. Deago Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy XIV Reborn did it pretty smoothly. The PC version does not require crazy specs to play. I have played it on PC and ps4 and honestly I would rather play it on ps4 just because I am older and enjoy the controller laying down still haha...but has nothing to do with either being the better machine.

Hmmm EQ2 on a controller? .....Enchanters could probably still win they just have a few spam buttons right? j/k lol
  9. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Yeah I'm the one who must have missread it. Theres egg on my face...anyway whatever, rant on miss kitty, gotta get those desperados outta dodge, before theres a hackin, I reckon. All those little trailhands, on this here forum, should play nice too. No getin rowdy. :)

In any case, I think the whole eq next thing is streching resorces a bit to be sure.

This is beside the point but really, while eq/eq2 apeals, from what I saw on the youtube vids next is not really my type of thing. Not even the graphics style really fits my tastes. I think it would be like saying sims 4 is actully better than 3 when it dose not seem so, at least to me, or that 3 is better than 2 when two seemed even more realistic and less trobulsom PC and fun.

I think it could capture a new audience for the compnay though. It could suceed and help eq1 and 2 as a by product just like advertising it so far has done. Yet if they need to cut customer service to focus on the game then maybe now is not the time to make a new one and bet the farm on it, as it were.

It would probobly be much more profitable currently to develop eq2 as a major thing, and the origional to retro people like me that love everquest 1 also. A gog games type of thing. Eq2 just needs the right promotions IMO. All the elements are there.

Eq Next could take the wow type audience though, and some of the console people. If its done right, at the right time, daybreak could take all, or almost so.

Most of the bases would be covered in a eq trinity but...I supose you still have the jade dynasty perfectworld people, and as much as I adore it, eq is not set up for anime adventures, as fun as ithat would undoubtly be.
    suka likes this.
  10. Xillean Well-Known Member

:p

If you would be the same Avitha I knew then I will say while we had that one ...lets say disagreement way back when id think all that time of being friends beforehand would mean would could still talk and be adults on the forums. Besides I can admit I agree with most of what you post the majority of the time so >.>
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

My hopes in a situation like that is that EQ and EQ2 would no longer be milked of profits to support EQN/Landmark/H1Z1, thus freeing up at least some of the income they generate to be put back into developing them.
    suka likes this.
  12. Pawder Active Member

I have paid since the release of EQ1. I beta'd this game. I have bought every expansion offered. I have watched the game progress and decline. If you think this game is getting better in any form then you are in denial. I was pointing out that they have lost players due to the lack of caring about their customers. They release updates and changes but don't fix bugs that have been around for years. I find it funny that you think you are special because you sub'd for all these years. I have 2 accounts that I have just shutdown. Both were here from the beginning. I am not angry at SoE. All games come to an end. I'm not happy with the way they basically shut down one of the highest pop servers in the game 4 years ago....Nagafen. So hang on to your subs and enjoy the ride. I'm sure there will be a support group for you when this game becomes unplayable.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

don't ask for an apostrophe in your name. special names are now a thing of the past.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

happens way more often than you realize. i have had that happen to me several times over the past two years. each time the devs and gms stepped in to fix it. i guess they won't anymore.
  15. suka Well-Known Member

of all the stuff they could have cut, customer service is the biggest loss. in LOTRo, they haven't had an expansion in several years. However, at christmas time i lost some items. they were overworked and understaffed but one gm still took the time to help me recover my items. the game may be stalled at helm's deep, but the customers are still there and still loyal. you only get good service if you sub, but it makes the sub worth it.

i hate to think how this game will suffer without good customer service.
  16. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I can't begrudge you for hoping that, but my honest input would be to not hold your breath. It is my opinion they will keep milking EQ1 and EQ2 for as long as they are milkable, and when they can no longer be milked, they will be slaughtered.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

you can edit what they accidentally chose in the reply, or simply delete all of that and hit @ and name. not sure you were aiming at that person because i don't think your answer really fit his post.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

or to do things like put an apostrophe in your name. i really enjoyed that little luxury in the past.
  19. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Suka, but since I am Kitty, I wonder if I can request an apaw-strophe? /ducks ;)
    Dulcenia likes this.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

i wouldn't say that nor go that far. i hate the thought of good cs being thing of the past. but the game is a long way from going down any toilet. we still have a decent game and who knows, they may find a way to improve things.
    Deago likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.