"Battlepriest" dps gear in SF

Discussion in 'General Priest Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-gatrm, Apr 22, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

Based on the gear I have seen drop in both instance and raids, there is a severe lack of quality dps gear for the melee priests. The inquisitors have it best off from what I have seen because some of the plate gear with dps mod, haste, and double attack actually has wisdom on it. However, I have yet to see a piece of leather or chain gear with dps mod/attack speed/dps mod with wis on it. I feel like I am again stuck using a hybrid combination of gear, even with the stat consolidation.
    I am beginning to think that maybe the best melee dps gear available is the WoE hybrid stuff.
    Has anyone seen gear with melee stats and wis, or is it going to be a game of mix and match without losing too much wis?
  2. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Fortunately for Inquisitors, we self buff our DA, haste, and DPS pretty high. One of the main stats I look for when solo'ing is +crushing, and there's a nice ring from the seal merchant that has crushing, double attack, and crit bonus (with around 20 WIS as well).
  3. ARCHIVED-KatrinaDeath Guest

I'm still using mastercrafted T9 haste and DPS rings and the Rallos T7 cloak when I need/want to dps. They do help but seriously need gear designed for Battle Priests.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hene Guest

I did a /feedback, and i suggest that everyone do the same...maybe if they get a lot of /feedbacks then they'll get the idea. Or PM the dev that posted in the Equipment and Item/Mechanics section asking for feedback
  5. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

I havent seen any priest melee haste items yet. Only seen tank/scout gear with dps haste on it so far. Have to keep my T-3 gloves from woe due to that.
  6. ARCHIVED-snowline Guest

you should also add the fact that SF priest items have spell reuse not ability reuse, which is of far more use for priests who use exclusively spells, unfortunatly half the priests have a strong melee flavour and their CA's see little to no improvement in reuse.
  7. ARCHIVED-Calain80 Guest

Yea. There is not one Battle Priest item in the whole expansion yet. The only thing we can do is to pick up some scout items to mix into our priest items as the tank items have absolutely no WIS and the scout items have at least some. I did /feedback in in beta and after it, but they do not understand that the stat revamp made it even worse for a Battle Cleric to get gear compared to TSO. Earlier we did gain at least the full benefit from tank or scout DPS items, but now all the AGI and STR is lost to us and none of these items have similar WIS values. The Battle Priests are actually dead. Yes we can do some nice auto attack damage, but for max damage you are better of using your spells and not the CAs. The only time the CAs are still not completely useless is, if a fight lasts less then 5s or you want to add a CA or two while you need the remaining time to heal, as they still cast faster.
  8. ARCHIVED-Generic123 Guest

The 2H hammer and the Druid usable 2H sword (yay!) the recently added to Vigilant: Rescue could be considered battlepriest gear, but yeah the itemization and CA scaling really limit melee priests this expansion.
  9. ARCHIVED-Stubbswick Guest

Yeah, there's some really nice 2-handers this expansion, and you can get the benefit of your myth without actually using it. With the crit bonus and potency you find everywhere, and the crit consolidation and using WIS to determine damage... I think we end up DPSing a lot better even without "battlepriest" gear.
    I may be skewed, though - as someone mentioned Inquisitors buff DPS and haste pretty well, and double attack through AAs. I'm not sure how mystics and wardens fare on these things.
  10. ARCHIVED-Hene Guest

Stubbswick wrote:
    Yeah mystics can buff their DA quite high, but have no legitimate haste or DPS mod aside from a small amount from procs, some from buffs, and finally from gear.
    Mystics have the lowest self-buffed melee stats of the battlepriests, with inquisitors having the highest and wardens falling somewhere inbetween (a lot closer to inquisies than mystics iirc).

I still actually use my TSO dps gear for my mystic; even with super low wisdom, I find that DPS mod + atk speed is the best way to increase his dps...
  11. ARCHIVED-Generic123 Guest

Stubbswick wrote:
    Wardens can get DA to the mid 80's using AA. They don't have mush in the way of group Haste of DPS buffs. They do get some AA's that proc these on themselves, but less then Inq would normally have. With AA and SF changes Instinct is now a monster +/- hate and damage proc, but it will normally go to the tank.

Overall Inq have more DPS potential IMO, but a melee Warden can get reasonably close without having to sacrifice much at all in the way of healing.
  12. ARCHIVED-Hene Guest

Generic123 wrote:
    Wardens also get "Nature blade" a CA that increases atk speed by 25 or 35 iirc, they get auto atk multiplier bonus of 0.375 or more, and DA almost to the cap like you said.
    Inquisies get atk speed of ~35, dps mod of ~68, auto atk multiplier of 0.47 or more, DA of ~67 and flurry of 20% on a proc
    Mystics get 20 atk speed from their pet (35 more soemtimes from tribal rage proc), 0.325 auto atk multiplier and some moderate DA
    According to self buffs Inquis > Warden > Mystic; in a raid, and with good DPS gear, the only stats that will really matter are flurry and auto atk multiplier, so Inquis >> Warden > Mystic
  13. ARCHIVED-Generic123 Guest

Hene wrote:
    Wardens also get a proc (3 per min, 18 sec) that gives them +24 DPS
    Hene wrote:
    The weapon damage bonus on the Warden's offensive stance still helps. They also get some nice procs like infusion and glacial assault that help as well. Inq's get some usefull stuff as well though and flurry def gives them an edge
  14. ARCHIVED-Hene Guest

Generic123 wrote:
    Yeah, I assumed it was implied that weapon damage bonus ends up affecting the auto attack multiplier :p
    And I figured I'd ignore the procs since inquisitors get some that are just as good if not better (bolt, fanatical devotion, etc); so I maintaint that for DPS, idealy: Inquis >> Warden > Mystic
  15. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

Hene wrote:
    Ideally though, it should always be druid>shaman>cleric. If it isnt, its broken. The lighter armor should always do more dps, its the inherent tradeoff of armor between priest classes.
  16. ARCHIVED-Hene Guest

Oakum wrote:
    The tradeoffs are not necessarily restricted to armor and dps, though. You have to consider healing potential and heal types, dps buffing, survivability buffing, debuffing, etc.
    The reason inquisitors should have higher DPS than wardens, ideally, is because of what inquisitors lack in heal ability compared to wardens. Inquisitors bring amazing buffs and great dps, but offer less powerful heals than a warden. It would not make sense to give wardens better DPS than inquisitors and leave wardens with a more powerful array of healing tools as well.
    Similarly, shamans bring the best debuffs (in terms of priests). Mystics bring some moderate buffs and very good heal ability while defilers bring even better heal ability and also some good buffs; this gives them an edge that is balanced by reduced DPS output.
  17. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

What is ironic is that mystic were originally designed as strong and tough battel priests. They were the only ones with 100% melee critical (even wearing healing gear), they were the only ones with very high strength (even wearing wisdom gear).
    Warden were more magical, they had roots and nukes.
    But something got lost, since Wisdom now dertermine how hard you hit and since mystics lost their unique 100% melee crit.
    Today animal instinct (dps ca mod that proc a lot), glacial assault, Aas allowing 95% da, 10 ranks in nature blade are making Warden much better BP than mystics.
    Additonnaly my warden can root kite mobs that really hit too hard (Like Ulgar in the hole) and my mystic cannot.
    Last my warden fully benefit from crit bonus on her heals while my mystic don't ...
    So globally the expansion was extremelly positive for druids and negatives for mystics.
    Even with doghaste + dog dps and with ehanced echo of the ancients my shaman still parse quite less than my warden (solo). In raids or group it depends totally on the buff you have on, and usually i m not there to dps (but i try on the trash).
  18. ARCHIVED-sdaigneault Guest

Odys@Storms wrote:
    I remember getting close to 100% melee crit on my Inquis in TSO... don't think Mystics were the only ones.