Battlegrounds: Unforeseen Consequences of Heroic Characters

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Liav, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Liav Well-Known Member

Mods, I'm posting this here because I think it actually needs to get some exposure. If you could refrain from moving it to the pvp/battlegrounds section for now, that would be greeeeaaat.

Point of this post:

Due to the re-itemization of DOV, all of the work you've put into attempting to balance low-tier battlegrounds is now moot. The copious amounts of potency, multi attack, etc. that is now available on the new DoV gear pre-90 is currently skewing things immensely in the favor of 85+ characters.

I have two solutions that I consider to be relatively simple.

1) Level 81-90 gets its own tier, separate from everything lower (30-80)

2) Battlegrounds gear is re-done for each tier to ensure that the power of characters is scaling properly with their level.

I would really prefer the second option, given that the overwhelming majority of people in low tier have twinked alts over 80, and it would really be irritating to have years of dedicated farming of TSO thrown out the window. Please consider option 2.

Details:

Gear on par (or slightly lower than) the 130 stat fabled armor now available at level 87 from HM Temple of Rallos Zek and Drunder instances. Add enough lethality/toughness to give us 20% damage reduction/20% damage bonus in pvp with the gear to ensure that it is preferable for pvp over the farmed options.

This will set things up similarly to the way the Chaos Bringer gear at 95 is slightly lower in quality to raid gear, but is preferable to the insane amount of toughness/lethality/blue adornment procs and such that are available.

I know this was a little long winded, but it'd be appreciated by decent niche of the game if you came through on this.

Thanks.
  2. Malachy Well-Known Member

BG gear really needs to be redone for lower tiers. I have posted about this in a different forum even before the 85 heroic gear came out as I knew with the upcoming reitemization of just 85+ gear that there was no way it wouldn't severely impact lower tier BGs. 85 heroic gear has +75stat with far higher blues and even higher mitigation than level 80 BG gear (+33stat.) It's pretty extreme. 80+ already had an advantage to lower levels, but now it truly is a different league.

Please either update the BG gear for all tiers to try and rebalance after this huge change or separate the queues to deal with it. Personally, I'd go with 20-84, 85-94, 95. But there definitely needs to be an extra separation if there's no reitemization on BG gear.