Bastion of the Tranquil is a sadistic grind.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Revel, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Revel Well-Known Member

There's always one. Maybe I don't want to redo old content with 0 challenge other than staying awake that we've all done before on other characters?
    Conifur likes this.
  2. Conifur Well-Known Member

Anything outside the KA zone addition is old content, is irrelevant content, and is wasted time. Because there is no vision which led to the stat inflation, anything outside the zone increase does not stand a chance is is not at all fun. Regardless of how far you mentor down. They marketed a level 100 boost with the zone increase, they market and sell boost for real money, they market and sell XP potions all to get by the content that they themselves have made irrelevant. Though they are trying to eliminate them now it seems, ALT's were what kept some people playing. Saying it is the players fault for them adding in these time sinks to prolong the half life of their zone increase and the "signature" component of it is funny.
  3. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Yes, everyone should do every quest and get every achievement and max out every faction on every character they make, even go back and redo old expansions they might have missed, or go through and do the same crap they've done before on multiple alts on multiple accounts who knows how many times before. Brilliant freakin' solution! Why didn't I think of that. It's so obvious. *******.
  4. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Nice sarcasm.

However, people are complaining now because they chose not to do just what you said, and DBG decided to make some of that old content relevant. Well, they chose to bypass it; they need to suck up the fact that they were bit by that decision.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

Old content is not the problem. The problem is that at some point, years ago, the design philosophy turned Old Content into Obsolete Content.

And a Golden Path was instituted to shoot you straight to end game through questing. (not even touching on the agnostics we have now) Even without potions, vitality or veteran boost, it's laughably easy to outlevel zones before you finish all associated quests.

None of that changes the fact that players are being sent back into obsolete content for no tangible gain other than a time sink gate to make up for lack of content relevant to the expansion.

The self righteous condescension is palpable and misguided. The paying customer has every right to expect their dollars to buy a new, satisfactory product, and every right to voice their displeasure when it doesn't.
  6. Jumpity Member

Heh, it just takes about 3 hours to get to Jun then another hour or so to Mending. then just 30ish runs at 15 mins each (7 hours give or take) and your done. Pretty simple. So you can get there in less then 2 days.. Done this on 3 toons now. What is the issue again?
  7. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Or, they could say, "Screw this, this is ********. I'm done."

Guess which of the two options a lot of people are taking? Here's a hint, it's the option that's bad for everyone here. Telling people to suck it up is a bad idea. How many more players do you think this game can afford to lose? Telling people to suck it up is a good way, in the long run, to find yourself without a game to play. Again, your level of brilliance is just awe inspiring.
    Mizgamer62, Tekka and Meneltel like this.
  8. Jumpity Member

Most people are smarter then you and know what the game is. They still like it and we still play it. You do not speak for all of us.

Your level of brilliance is just less then awe inspiring...
  9. Meneltel Well-Known Member

She speaks for more than herself...
    Lateana and Mizgamer62 like this.
  10. Jumpity Member

True, and so do we... Stalemate. Nuff said.
  11. Tekka Well-Known Member

Cities that are ghost towns, difficulty completing PQs due to lack of numbers, etc, etc.

Stalemate over. Nuff said.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  12. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I didn't say ALL people, I said A LOT of people. There is a distinction and it makes my comment valid, though it calls your reading comprehension skills into serious question. I wouldn't presume to speak for you.

I've seen quite a few guilds just walk away over the last year. The people who are leaving are people who know what this game is and what it's becoming, and that's exactly why they are walking away. If you like the game as it is, good for you. Knock yourself out. But if you don't notice the world becoming a gradually quieter place then you're either blind, a fool, or really good at deluding yourself.

You'll also notice, I'm not making the claim that the game is dead or dying. However, it doesn't have the Sony safety net anymore. If that doesn't give you pause, go check out Landmark. You've got until February 21st.

No stalemate. No checkmate. This isn't a competition.
  13. Alarra Well-Known Member

I really felt the grind when I was doing it. It took about 4 days to get through the quest line and the grind.
    Now that I'm done, I can say well I never have to do that again on this toon and move on.

Now I'm onto that Sigil quest, up to about 8 runs through ill seen without an update The boss has a feather on him, which is good. I know he will spit it out eventually...
  14. Archon of Hate Active Member

I don't think anyone paid $40+ to do content that was already available to them in the game. Then again, this game does seem to be full of masochists, so I guess you never know.

This gives me an awesome idea for a restaurant. You pay me ten bucks, and I'll let you eat out of the dumpster out back. Not my fault that you weren't here when the food was current.
    Xillean, Lateana, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  15. Shadowscale Active Member

the silver lineing is that by the time get the faction, maby, someone would have found the research for quest 2
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  16. Kosovos Member

Those with Alts for variety in Endgame are screwed, then.
  17. Mensa Member

This post reminds me of that episode of Family Guy where Peter sent Lois on a pointless scavenger hunt for their anniversary so he could go play golf.
    Xillean, captainbeatty451 and Tekka like this.
  18. Malleria Well-Known Member

Yikes. They should really cut down the time it takes to do each repeatable. Guessing a lot of that is travel time :(
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Honestly I am lost in what quests I have to complete to even be able to do the repeatable quest for the Bastion of Tranquility. It seems the entire quest like in City of Paineel and beyond. It does look like slot for rooms that created later than SF expansion.
  20. Revel Well-Known Member

Some people expect more than 30 quests in the new expansion. When 1 leg of the journey for the epic has you doing 5 times that many grey quests just for 1 faction, you have a problem.
    Xillean and Mizgamer62 like this.