Basic Recipe Restrictions

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Quor, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Daelini Active Member

We were forced to become crafters. Before KA crafting and adventuring were two distinct paths then along came KA and the new Epic 2.0 quests. You had to be a max level crafter in order to complete the epic - the recipe was not able to be commissioned. We threw a fit because we did not want to be crafters but the devs ignored it.

People, like myself, who loathe crafting were forced to get them to max level so we could complete an Adventure line Epic 2.0. From that point crafting and adventuring have been merged, more or less. What you have now are people like me, again, who never wanted to craft and were happy buying from crafters, with max level crafters (in my case, of each class) and the devs, in my opinion, realized that now with WAY more crafters out there they had to slow down some progression otherwise we would mow through the xpac faster than they envisioned with MC gear before we ever started the sig lines and all their rewards would be useless from day 1.

So, here we are. Adventurers that were forced to be crafters and now crafters who are forced to be adventurers all do to 1 horrible decision from KA that merged the two distinct game functions into a single conglomeration. Enjoy
    Quor, Lateana and Observing like this.
  2. Kristabella Well-Known Member

This is really a travesty. This is not the only thread on the current death throes of Crafting. This one alone has 4 pages full of problems, and NOT ONE person at DBG who has the authority to change any of it has said a single word. Everyone is left flopping in the wind.

We were told that crafters would be getting a big boost this expac. I have yet to see it. Maybe they meant boot, like boot in the butt. We were led to believe that we would be getting patterns and recipes at a fairly decent rate, which has not materialized yet. Just like before, we got recipes with no patters, and patterns with no recipes.

One thing I find odd in a specific recipe, is for The Scepter of Illusion. It doesn't matter if I need it or not, or want it or not. What concerns me is that there is one item used as a material IN the recipe, that has to be bought in the marketplace for CASH. Experience Vials. Yes you can buy them on the broker, but that is not my point, my point is SOMEONE had to pay for it with cash at some point in time. That would be like telling a Raider, to enter a special raid instance they had to buy a GEM for cash, from the marketplace to enter. Requiring items for CASH is not right. Is sneaking something like this in, paving the way for folks to get used to paying for cash items in the game to move forward and get things they want?

I think Jenn Chan and others need to host an open meeting on discord with crafters in the game, and tell us what is going on. Are we going to be supported, or is crafting being phased out? We have a right to know. If crafting is going to be phased out, fine, but don't keep us hanging in there paying for expacs and monthly/yearly subs, because you keep telling us we are going to get taken care of, and it never happens. We are just being strung along.

If crafting is no longer going to be a part of this game, just say so, and make a temporary Bazaar Server again, where we can go, and sell our toons individually. That way we can legally get something out of our accounts, and new people can have characters they legally purchase, without being worried about the TOS, or getting cheated. DBG will be able to make quite a bit off there in fees and transferring toons to accounts.

But no one in charge of anything has given this thread or all these issues, the time of day, so I won't hold my breath to get a meeting on discord with Jenn Chan, or anyone else.
    Carynn, Quor, Zynt and 1 other person like this.
  3. apolita New Member

A couple of days ago, i was reading this thread and other things on the forums.

And i just got angrier and angrier, i ended up wasting 2 hours of my time and never posted.

because you know what? it shouldn't be my job.
    To point out all the flaws.
    The miss characterization, over selling under delivering.
    Tradeskills are broken.
    and how to fix them, I'm not even sure any dev's will even read this. When i read Gninja was doing to TS line but not the itemization it blew my mind, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I would love to see the Flow chart in this company.

Its so F**ing stupid

So email me and offer me a job, and il fix TS for 50k a year.

My CV ? simple, 5 years on eq1, 15 years in eq2, 10 level 120 Adventurers / 20 level 120 crafters.

So a fix for the current clusterf**k, take every pattern, every recipe, and take out the no trade, no heirloom.
    Every one will have the ability to craft them. you can have some of the higher end patterns / recipe drop only in raids, but make them tradable period.

Why you ask? because you don't make your money up front you make it later. The way you are doing it, you're choking of the market.
    The best items should have an easy to buy component, like a vial of experience, from the station cash market.
    Who cares if you can buy 1 vial on the broker? some one at some point paid real money for it !

The KEY is easy access, many ppl will want to dish out station cash for something that's useful, its the whole reason this game is still alive.

I could type out 30 pages, on how you can rejuvenate TS, please crafters, and increase your profit margin.

But I'm not getting paid, and I'm hungry.

I'm thinking taco....
    Quor and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Yeah, they wanted you to buy a level up potion. Let's not kid ourselves about that.

And even if I did that on all my tradeskill toons that are not max level adventurers, the rewards for the timeline, and the system they now have in place to obtain recipes would still be total garbage.
    Quor, Lateana and Zynt like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I wish he would, too! But he's already got all the holidays; hope it wouldn't wear him thin to be wearing too many hats.

But for cryin' out loud, we shouldn't have to rely on only one decent individual to help us out with this; if crafting should be half the game, shouldn't half the devs be on it? :-/

Uwk
    Quor likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! True; there's a lot of things our government isn't allowed to do in the Constitution, but it doesn't say boo about businesses (firing someone for a particular bumper sticker on their car, for instance; only place you might not get in trouble for having an opinion would be if you worked for the government). :-/

Uwk
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not all of us have Discord (/raising_paw), nor should have to in order to have a voice. But you make an excellent point: is any Red Name reading this? Do we need to move it to Jenn's Letter on the "important" forum? If we do, how soon before it would get Locked? If they're that worried about the future of the game, why aren't they listening to their customers? :-/

Uwk
  8. Kristabella Well-Known Member

You know you are absolutely right, I forgot how thin skinned they are in discord, with opposing view/opinions. I am not so sure that moving this to "Jenn's Letter on the "important" forum", would even do any good. After all the posts in this thread, you know they had to read it all. They are just not going to give us the time of day. They want us to keep buying xpacs and keep paying for monthly and yearly subs, in the HOPES, that crafting will change. We have been doing this dance for quite awhile now.

They need to stop and just tell the truth, are they phasing out crafting? If so, like I said re-activate another Bazaar server.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Discord is their safe space. There won't be any discussion that involves dissenting points allowed there. There will be bans though.
  10. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I seem to remember that Domino showed us a spreadsheet that included itemization, recipes, components, harvestables, etc. for each new xpac. After she left everything seemed to be divided up to uninterested devs who weren't very interested in keeping things comprehensively organized .
    Tkia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Probably why she's getting the big $$ for Dragon Age, while we have..... yeah. :p
    Tkia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I just read the whole thread.
    At least 2 things are better than last expac:
    • Timeline is doable even at low level even if it's kind of costly as far as calming items go, but it is a safe option. And we get flight way easier this time around.
      We couldn't really test the aggro problem in beta as all chars were auto-levelled to 120 adventure, but I did manage to run the whole timeline on a char with a single aggro along the way (while harvesting in shadeweaver's thicket, I tried to harvest a spider). The worst part of all is the catalogue in Echo Caverns where you can't avoid some mobs without having to use the calming items. But you can outrun most mobs as they're not casting types.
    • Advanced books are easy to get through the researchers mission and not gated behind overseers. We had no need to open up a thread to try and get a full set of books on a char on our whole server (Test) this time around. It's kinda costly for those who don't harvest much but you can harvest in the Blinding or wait a bit and buy the books of the broker (I already bought a good chunk of mine on my live chars that will never be played and will probably never do the timeline either)
    Several things are worse:
    • Patterns. Heirloom TS mount patterns that clog our inventories and will never be crafted. Non-existent adventure patterns for mastercrafted stuff obtainable by crafters.
    • Mount recipes that can't be obtained so we can't use said patterns (and obviously the final item is heirloom too so it's useless to craft them in advance)
    • Heirloom recipes/heirloom patterns.
    • Heirloom recipes and patterns
    • Did I say HEIRLOOM stuff?
    • Pretty sure I didn't mention PATTERNS yet either
    • See point on heirloom and patterns above
    At least we mostly don't have to use shadow harvests anymore (it's always random stuff and only for specific items gated behind patterns anyway).
    And I checked my tables (I always make gear tables that are populating through EQ2U tooltips) and this year, mastercrafted stuff was crafted as a quick glance shows that most of my tables populated. More than half of the Empyral recipes from last year are still to be discovered.
    As far as content is made, Gninja is making the timeline, Caith is making the itemization and recipes.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So heirloom patterns for mastercrafted was Caith's idea? Boo, hiss!
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

As far as I know yes.

WTB iksar scales full suit pst!

Basic recipes are available after doing the first quest, like all previous expansions since PoP. It's not the worst one to do tbh, and you get the calming recipes there which is a massive plus. Adorn recipes unlock on thefirst step of said quest.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  15. Trilly Active Member

I too am disgusted with how tradeskills are working. I have so many Void Touched patterns and NO BOOKS. The patterns are being given out like candy from the researchers as well...why?? you get them everywhere!
    Also, Sig...could you explain to me (I ask you cause you are constantly on top of this stuff) Why my 120 WW, got a rare Shadowscream WW book that of course requires patterns now...probably not see them outta raid or heroic zones...But, I can't even scribe it!? It says requires Shadow Proscpecting at 30..mine is 45...and still I cannot scribe cause says I don't have the abilities?? Is this connected somehow to experience mod?? or?? the book says level "30" at the top..kinda like the mounts show level 30...but of course are the new 120 ones...Help!!
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

With Tinkering, it's your ACTUAL level that has to be at that value,it doesn't count buffs from gear or tack. I'm thinking this is probably the same way.
  17. Quor Member

From what I've heard the 30 should read 50. Just another error concerning crafting that they can't be bothered fixing. You can definitely scribe it when Shadow Prospecting reaches 50, They're not specific to your tradeskill so any crafter can scribe them as long as they have the right qualifications.
  18. Quor Member

So the crafters get the heirloom patterns and not the recipes so all they can do is sell them for a few gold or destroy them and the people who do heroics get the armor patterns that are tradable and can make a small fortune selling them on the broker. Sounds like favouritism and really very unfair.
    I actually bought a pattern yesterday off the broker, because it's been so long since I've done any reasonable sort of crafting. Anyway I made a weapon and got Blessing of Brells proc which always makes me happy but guess what? Didn't get the pattern back. I assume I got the rest back but wasn't too worried about the rest. It was the pattern I wanted of course. Don't implement something into the game then renege on part of it! For crying out loud what is wrong with you people???
  19. Trilly Active Member

You are right! I had to get to 50 for these. They are the rare ones..and ...(I was going to say stupidly) unfortunately they are 1 USE??? What the heck?? Who is dong this? You get a RARE book...you have to reach a certain shadowharvesting level...and you get to choose 1 recipe out of the book and then it is all gone?? HUH? Really? I have 17 char.9 are 120 tradeskillers...2 are 120 trades and 120 adventurer with both signature lines done, and some are not quite there. This is pretty dang discouraging to put the hours, and work, and frustration all in a hole for something as restricting and this...you, whomever you are there in charge, need to RETHINK and REDO this! /steps down from her soap box and stalks away
  20. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Here is a novel idea... Put RECIPES in Tradeskill Requisition Quest Rewards!!!! I mean wth, why keep tying Tradeskill things to adventure stuff. How about we make it so NO ONE can enter a raid zone, unless they are a level 120 crafter, with at least 1,0000 combines at the appropriate level, and no they can't mass produce. Let's make it so when they get drops, it's rare or shadow harvests, when Crafters do Tradeskill Requisition we get raid gear and raid mount drops! That should make them all happy.. Put the tradeskill stuff where it belongs, put the raid drops stuff where it belongs.

But take a hint... They Don't Care !!! 4 pages of posts, in this section alone, add to that other posts in this section, and other posts in General, and all the inquiries on discord, and Not ONE WORD!!!