Barren sky roots

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Moonglow, Sep 6, 2023.

1. Moonglow New Member

i am a level 65 alchemist and trying to do the barren sky tradeskill quests. i currently have 181 gathering and 240 is needed according to the examine. i harvest but nothing is going into my inventory. i get a message that i make abountiful harvest but there are no roots in my inventory. i have tried to examine the roots first then harvest but stil nothing is showing up in my inventory. this is on halls of fate server that it is happening so not sure about other servers. so i am unable to harvest roots in this zone and will have to go to another zone where the hanging roots are located and harvest there. not sure what is up with the zone or roots. i have noticed that the issue is happening to other toons on the same quest trying to harvest the barren sky roots. :)
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

If you're doing a quest for roots it's quite possible that nothing will go into inventory until your quest is flagged for the number that it needs. Once the quest has what it needs they should get bagged again.
    Twyla and Feara like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I noticed this on Gathering Obsession. If you need 50, and you find 51, only one shows in character bags.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

there still exist a bug where if you don't have minimum skills for the zone you won't get certain harvests, I think it's most obvious in Tenebrous and then possibly in Barrens. You can still skill up trying to harvest and will harvest when you reach that minimum.

For my lowbies who didn't have skills I always take them to Bonemire at this point.
    Geroblue and Twyla like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

If your doing the Doors quest, the roots should go into your inventory, but like Chikkin says, when your not full ability you will keep on failing to collect anything till you get to a higher level, you still will get something here and there though.
    the good news is it used to be you would not get anything if you where not have at least the minimum abilities, now you just will not get any rares.
    And the strange thing is it will tell you automatically that you get bountiful harvest, even if that bountiful harvest is a harvest of nothing.
    AOE1, Twyla and Geroblue like this.