Baroddas' buggy floating chest returns

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Uberfuzzy, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Uberfuzzy Member

You know what really sucks?

Getting told on Feb 12th that the floating bug was fixed. Then killing Baroddas, only to get his chest stuck 48 meters in the air on Feb 23rd, filling at /petition at 9:36pm (#130223-001141 if any one cares), still not getting ANY response over 2 HOURS later.

[SUGGESTION] Why not just make these "problem" chests spawn at a fixed point, like in front of the fear portal(s), rather then at a corpse/person?
  2. Mohee Active Member

That sucks :(

Forgive me if you already do this...
    But for the Category in the petition, when you need things answered fast, under In-Game Issues, select "Stuck Character."
    This will put you higher in the queue and more of a priority to help (A GM actually told me about this). Whenever I do this (wether it be a bugged zone, lost loot, or w/e) I get a answer usually within 3-10 minutes on average. So it seems to be true.

Just this morning, at 5:30 AM PST, A friend of mine and I were in one of the guk zones, and a gate bugged out and we weren't able to progress. I sent a petition under "Stuck Character" with the subject of "URGENT STUCK GROUP!" and always be polite, nice, and clear about what is wrong in the "question" field. This was 5:30 in the morning, and after about 1 minute, GM Prometheus popped up and ported us across the locked gate. :) We died from the final named, had to rez, so we had to petition again. A new petition, set as Stuck Character, and a different GM popped in after about 3 minutes after the submission.

I'd rather not have them spawn at a fixed spot, because it seems like the chests that do, get bugged and sometimes have 0 loot (e.i. Drinal) or get bugged in other ways. They could at least increase the range at which you can summon a chest to you. The range seems awfully small at the moment.

I hope you get your loot reimbursed! And remember, for quick responses, do the "Stuck Character" thing hehe. Otherwise yes, it seems to take many hours, if not days to get a reply. :D
  3. Uberfuzzy Member

Yeah, our gm told us as much too. Also, that largely caused by the fact that these are "scripted" reward chests, not mob drops. Same reason Fitz in HE has a "gold" chest.

We just happened to be in the middle of a air bounce when someone's verdict went off which killed him. So it did correct spawn on a nearby player... who was in the air :(
  4. Kraeref Well-Known Member

We got the same issue yesterday. The chest was 38 meters up in air. Our raid leader petitioned it right away. I didn't wait for GM to appear. It was already late and I was half asleep. Few of ours left to wait. I will find out today if GM appeared and helped.
  5. Gninja Developer

I will move the chest to static location on his platform to make it more reliable. This won't affect him dropping a chest at all as its already handled the same way as other scripted chests. It is just a matter of where to spawn the chest. It was originally scripted to spawn on Baroddas but with his model being so freakishly large it tended to get stuck in the air easily. Thinking it would help it was changed to spawn on a player but with the knockback it can have the same issue. Moving it to a static location should resolve all the issues.
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I think it was ex
    I think it was exactly what you said. One of us was knocked up at the very moment when Baroddas died.
    And he was the one who delievered the last blow.

Thank you for looking into it!
  7. Taysa Well-Known Member

While not on topic about the chest, but more on the topic of Barrodas freakishly large-ness...

Can the minimum range for this PLEASE be looked at? As a ranger, I have to be halfway up the walkway, well out of healing range in order to be effective. Healers tend to get angry when they have to run away from the group to rezz me, and half the time they don't even bother because I "should have been with the group." That wouldn't be an issue if the minimum range wasn't so silly.
  8. slippery Well-Known Member

Baelon's hit box is massively gigantic. It's rather detrimental
  9. Mohee Active Member

and his pathing is horrible!

but i guess thats nothing new in EQ2...