Band of Vile Souls

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Deeku, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Deeku Member

Band of Vile Souls has a proc which triggers on heals - 1,2 times a minute and this cannot be modified exept by direct means. It also loses an increment every 30s which effectively means that if you ever get 3 increments, you should have filled a lottery ticket.

What makes this item utterly junk is the fact that with 2 increments it still gives you -3 to cb and potency. Yes, -3.

Make it trigger at least 3 times per minute.
  2. Xyjyx Active Member

The proc on this is broken, would be nice to have a functional one like the tank or dps version.
  3. Deeku Member

My templar is using the one that procs on incoming damage. Usually have 4 or 5 increments on it.
  4. Terrius Well-Known Member

This ring still seems broken. On my channeler I am lucky to make it past one proc before it dissipates. If I spam cast my heals and do nothing else I can still never get past the first proc.

This proc seems like it has a lot of potential and worth, until you equip it and realise it's completely useless. :(

I read awhile back a dev's post saying the proc rate is based on 100% casting Reuse and Recovery, My channeler is running 100% in all of those and it makes absolutely no difference. Please fix this!
  5. Deeku Member

I believe it is working as they intended. They just forgot that priests do not heal with autoattack.

The proc states it procs once per minute and it will lose a proc every 30s. Now with 100 casting speed, the times it procs is 2 times per minute. With damage hits this would be no problem, 2 procs per minute from CA's or spells and another 2 from autoattack. But with heals this is a real problem since we cannot get procs from anything but heals so even with spamming the heals you wont get more than 2 procs per minute and those will be lost at the rate of 2 per minute.

With proped group you can increase the procrate to 1,4 times per minute but that means you can get 5 procs by spammin heals for over 12 minutes.

And that is why all these similar heal proccing items are truly broken and totally worthless untill they at least double the procrate. As I wrote to somewhere else, I have the ring that procs when I get hit on my templar and in a raid it takes me less than a minute to have 5 increments on it. That is how those healer items should work too and that would mean making them proc 5 times as often as now.
    Kuulei and Terrius like this.
  6. Terrius Well-Known Member

It would be very nice if the proc rate was increased, or at the very least let combat actions increment it as well, most healers don't just spam their heals these days!
  7. Cosmicism New Member

I already post it.
    But Dev said. it works properly...... :mad:
  8. Arieste Well-Known Member

This has been a problem with healer itemization for eternity. Healers (in general) take half offensive and half defensive actions in combat. So any item that procs only on offensive or only on defensive will only be half as effective for a healer as it is for other archetypes, which has ALL same type actions (i.e. all offensive).

I have brought this up time and time again, that healer items either need higher proc rates since half of our actions won't trigger them or they need to trigger on "any spellcast". It's the same exact thing with just about every new itemization set and it never gets addressed. Every once in a blue moon we'll get an item that procs on both, but it's an exception rather than rule.
  9. Deeku Member

I bet the dev tested the item in test server with different mechanisms. Anyway, I am well past this item on my templar and never need to even consider this crappy design. Would have been nice to see it being fixed but of course since a dev tested it on his healer and got all 5 increments in 50 seconds, it cannot be broken...

I just wonder why none of the good healers dont use that item.
  10. Vasco Active Member

I heal less effectively with this ring... Fact.
  11. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Ive seen the dev saying it works but on my templar i cant get past the second increment ;)
  12. Terrius Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I doubt any change will happen, it's "Working as Intended". Just means this item gets added to the garbage not worth using bag. It's disappointing because these procs could have been a unique cool thing, alas it was not meant to be.
    Ajjantis likes this.