Baktor rarity

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Determind, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Determind Active Member

Anyone have the odds of this NotD mount dropping from throwing the pumpkin bombs? I've thrown 250 of them and no drop. Starting to feel its a waste of time after you get all the normal drops for that quest, if the rarity is so high you can spend hours throwing bombs and not get it. I certainly didn't need the 75 urns I got from throwing the bombs...
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

EDIT: Oops, comment in wrong place.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There's a huge thread on this elsewhere. People have thrown like 9000 and not gotten the mount, others a few hundred and do. It's the RNG, and the mount is weighted to be extremely rare. Which makes sense, it has raid stats.
  4. Determind Active Member

Okay thanks! I don't want to put that kind of time into it. I basically just wanted it for the appearance, not the stats and while I was prepared to spend some time on it, I certainly don't want to waste the time to throw 9000 bombs and still not get it. Actually I wouldn't want to spend anywhere near the hours it would take to throw 1000 bombs even it if was a guaranteed drop like an achievement.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The good news is there's a possibility of a plushy before this year's NotD ends. A lot of folks have asked for a non-stat mount for the appearance, but there hasn't been much encouraging noise back from DBG about that yet.
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.