Badlands Mount Recipes

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Bhayar, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I've seen a few of these patterns drop, but never a recipe book. Has anyone seen recipe books dropping so you can actually make gear from the recipes. I get they might be rare, but we're darn close to 9 months or more into the xpac. They seem reminiscent of the Vacrul horse stuff from last xpac.

I tend to be more or less logical, but I'm a bit confused as to why patterns can drop (granted--not frequently), but nary a recipe book can be seen. You'd think recipe books would drop from the same zones the patterns do. If they're going to be that rare, is it really worth a dev's time to spend time on something so rare you hardly ever see it in game. I get that not everything dropping will be attainable by everyone, but when you're seeing patterns, but recipe books are virtually non-existent, that's a different story.
    Jinksie, Hartsmith, Feara and 3 others like this.
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Agree. As it is the patterns just clutter my bags. I don't even see the recipes as the occasional raid drop. To the best of my knowledge these are rare drops fand single use) from H3 zones, which they made crazy painful to run. Certainly not worth the effort.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Just an update for laughs. I finally got the first Badlands recipe drop on an alt doing the daily TS quest. Limited number of items to make and also 1 time use. Based on this drop, 9 months into the xpac, I could expect to see all the books for all the potential patterns, drop by 2035--if I'm lucky and both the game and me are still alive. I'm not expecting either to be true, haha.
    I get you want to make these somewhat rare, but seriously, 1 time use? At least put all the recipes in 1 book for crying out loud so you can choose what you can make. I may be biased here, but if dev time is valuable, why are we wasting it on things like this. A 1 use recipe book with limited recipes and it drops every 9 months? Probably slightly better for some and clearly, a lot worse for others. IMHO, that's a waste of resources and time and certainly doesn't make the player base happy either.
    Jinksie and Feara like this.
  4. Denmum Developer

I will forward the comments on to the ones who handle drop rates, recipes, etc. for those.
    Marae, Twyla, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

As always, thanks for all you do, Denmum.
    Denmum, Breanna and Feara like this.
  6. Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub Active Member

Denmum,

I know there are powers that be that decide loot table, Drop Rates, Yada Yada... But for the Record and from my point of view:

A Recipe that can only be used once and is yet Very Ultra Rare is a Ghost recipe. I have gotten 1 Recipe in the 9 months of this Expansion. Now, As far as Patterns, Sure, I see plenty of them, but they are worthless without the recipes. It's a sad idea to even have these as teasers in the game for no other reason but to taunt players. Those powers that be need to realize things like this make player lose interest. I can understand being hard to get, But so hard as to get one in 9 months of trying... Waste of time. And that is truly sad considering how great it could be!

Thanks for listening to my Rant!
    Bhayar likes this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I concur with Barmonk. Interesting he has the same experience for a drop as I do--9 months. I know this is heresy, but if it's TSing, it should be under your domain. You're smart and you know the game, you're not going to do something idiotic. But at this stage of the game and with player complaints erupting across the forums on drop rates, itemization, etc. I don't expect any changes. Again, your work is appreciated.
  8. Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub Active Member

I understand your thinking, But unfortunately, there are different Folks that handle different aspects of the same Events. While Denmum may do most of the designing and planning of the event, There is another team that handles things like Loot Table and Drop Rates. Sadly, This is not powers that are handled by her, But her willingness to pass the information on with her insight may have a better impact than our complaints alone. I guess a way to think of this is it like constructing a building. There are engineers that design, laborers that lay foundation and build the structure, and then the Electricians to install the wiring, and even then, You have HVAC Techs that install the Heat/AC for the place. I hope I have clearly stated the issues and I hope this is a suitable comparison for all.
    Denmum likes this.
  9. Marae Well-Known Member

While I have not done enough questing in the new zones to experience this particular frustration, I agree in general that finding patterns but never the recipes is extremely frustrating - as is finding the recipes and never the patterns! I've seen both in previous expansions and I still have some stray patterns kicking around. It's doubly aggravating when the patterns are heirloom or no-trade, since you can't even put them in a depot. At least the recipes don't take up bag space. If you're going to make something rare, rather the patterns than the recipes with which to use them. Unless, of course, they are limited use recipes and you happen to get more than one copy....

That said, I appreciate very much that in the crafting missions, both patterns and recipes are available on the vendor and also as drops.
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying and I'm aware of how things work at DBG. To use your excellent illustration, my point is when all the people who are going to construct the building point out that the blueprints have it leaning at a 35 degree angle, maybe the architects would do well to listen, haha.