Bad Performance

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by zeanix, Feb 11, 2013.

1. zeanix New Member

What kind of alien technology do i need to run this game ?

Got really low fps, with low settings and have no idea why.

Core I7 950K 3GHZ
    6gb DDR3
    2x 6870 Crossfire 1gb
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Good question.... but, then again, i haven´t had any issue even on high settings. Got single hd5870. Did you activate (somehow) crossfire, perhaps deactivate it.
    Despite of the fact that the fps is pretty low compared to other games anyhow.
  3. zeanix New Member

Same performance.
  4. acoloss Active Member

i heard you had to disable crossfire as it's doesn't work.. was a long time ago though.. maybe it works now?
  5. zeanix New Member

just tried it, did not work that well... Got around 10fps more :)
  6. Kalderon Well-Known Member

With a system like yours, what is bad performance? ^^
    Example, guildmate says he got around 60-70 fps on high with a i3 and a hd7770 (i dont argue with him, but cant be).
    I mean, i got around 60-70 fps hd resolution on modern games, but got locked at 40-50 fps outside raid and around 20 inside raid (doesnt matter if on low settings or high, but i choose low ^^ less bling bling to distract)
  7. zeanix New Member

If i set the preset gfx to "balanced" then i get under 60fps.
  8. mague Active Member

Crossfire works best, if at all, in windowed mode. The gain remains rather minimal.

The basic problem is that EQ2 client only uses 1.5 cores of your quad core. One for the game and one for animations. There is no workaround other then overclocking. You can try DX rendering, but usually some textures are missing then. At elast last time i tried.
  9. zeanix New Member

So it's a CPU problem ?
  10. Kalderon Well-Known Member

EQ2 profitiert jedenfall von den Ghz, würde in theorie sogar nen singlecore langen, wenn er auf 4 Ghz+ ist (nicht getested, meiner läuft auf 3 Ghz, aber mir langts wenns nicht ruckelt ^^)
  11. zeanix New Member

12. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Argh ^^ was writing in another thread german, just forgot to switch back ^^
    I meant that the performance of eq2 is based on the ghz of the cpu, which leads to the solution that a 1 core cpu at 4ghz+ would run pretty smooth. As normal, as biger as better.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ARE there any single-core CPUs out there at 4+ GHz? Most nowadays rely on the peripherals, which have gone up pretty much according to the "law" of computing (where ability doubles as price halves...certainly doesn't seem to apply to CPUs, but that's what SOE was counting on, though The Other Game didn't seem to [rhymes with Furled of Dork-Raft ;->] which yes, I have played, and enjoyed in the past, largely because of its robust engine). :-/

Peripherals, or dual-/quad- increases, or faster flop speed, which is why my "slower" single CPU in my more recent laptop is faster and better at graphics display than my "bigger" desktop CPU. Too bad EQ2 won't work on it. :-/

Uwk