Back in the game after a year's rest

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Mindari1, Mar 25, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Mindari1 Guest

Hello all,

I would greatly appreciate any help I could get with my question and I thank you in advance for posting. I am coming back after a break of more than a year. My question is....Is the swashbuckler just not as wanted in groups as the brigand or is it an exception more than a rule? I have a 55 Swashie and I love the class but if I am going to find it hard getting groups then I would rather betray now.
    Again I really appreciate any help. I just want to make the right decision going forward :).
    Thanks, Min
  2. ARCHIVED-NicolasKL Guest

Mindari1 wrote:
    I've never had trouble getting a group and I can't imagine a whole lot of pugs (ie, any) saying "no thanks, we're gonna wait and hope we get a brigand." It just doesn't matter that much. 95% of the time in a pug player gear and skill matter far more than class does. Not only will any rogue do, any DPS will really do.
    Raiding could be a little bit different. At the moment it looks like a very real possibility that when (if?) fighters are revamped swashbucklers are going to lose (or at least have severely nerfed) their ability to transfer and manage aggro. Since that's something that swashes are basically #1 at, and there wasn't anything on the table offered to make up for losing it, that possibility has been considered by many to be a pretty hard hit on the class. That could happen a month from now, or six months from now, or never.
    I could be wrong but it seems like lately Brigs are a dime a dozen, which to me makes them less attractive to play even though I think their total set of abilities is probably a little superior to ours. There's WAY more brigs than swashes in my guild (like 3 or 4 to 1 ratio), and out of the raid guilds I've seen lately looking for rogues I haven't seen any looking for a brig but I've seen two looking for swashes. All of that could just be a fluke though.
  3. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

ditto on the dynamics of grouping now-a-days. you will not get turned down for two reasons: hate transfer and AoE dps. You will be loved in your TSO groups for sure. (well for the time being anyways).
    in response to brigands; i find that nearly 98% of them i group with suck at agro mangement and are always ripping. debuffing mitigation is all well and good, but i think tanks (and healers and squishies, and ...) get sick of the constant issue with brigand agro that they'd much rather just get a swashy and enjoy the run :) Sorry rogue brothers and sisters, but you got some lame briggies running around in PUGs on my server.
    aye he is right, you need at least one in the raid to bring your RW parse up. without a briggy, you can see the the lack of melee dps after the night is over and log parsed.