Back Again!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by ISey, Jan 4, 2018.

1. ISey New Member

Promise, not asking "which class to play" which seems to be a pretty popular question ;)

Short history - old EQ testserver player bought EQ2 at launch, went to test, played until level 18 and... stopped. Right after launch. AND I just started playing again. Good news is I have a lot of fun /claim rewards.

A lot of it is overwhelming. Not gonna lie. So many advanced systems and layers of things I basically ignored it all. Played 4 classes to low to mid 20s (Dirge, Paladin, Coercer, Fury) and may do another couple. Every class feels so fun and different! Figured I can't really break things and the content isn't too challenging by default.

My main question is about AA's Can I have multiple profiles? Now that i have more experience playing I started examining deeper (housing - wow, and yay, and now AA) - and I realized for my current, solo playstyle I don't even like the default solo AAs given (in some cases). Is it free (or in game) currency to respec? I don;t want to start messing around with the systems if I can break them =)

I usually come and ask questions on boards but won't try to bother you all too much. I have already spent enough hours in game that I am going to give DB some money - just not sure how yet, and I have so much content to enjoy with no rush to end cap, that I am stopping and smelling the roses. I don't generally like subscriptions because I feel compelled to play to get value- can you get the same kind of priority access just buy buying coins directly?

I did all 4 new starter zones with the 4 new characters and that was blast to enjoy the different stories and flavors. I may do two more in the old starter zones just for the full EQ2 experience. Anyway - you have a really fun game experience here, at least at the low levels.

Playing on Maj'Dul - Isey, Stalbik Zrakay, Christyn. So far =P
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  2. Vulnere Active Member

there are 3 customizable, personal AA profiles you can use. I use all three just for crafting purposes.. ie. max gathering bonuses in one, max adorning bonues in another. Other people do different AA profiles for heroic dungeons vs raiding, etc.
    It works pretty good.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

A lot of it is overwhelming--especially if you've been gone more than 2-3 years. Ascension Levels, change in stats, hard caps, and game mechanics. I would highly recommend joining a friendly guild that can really lessen your learning curve and help you bridge the gap. It literally has been a different game and returning players who've been absent for several years can be more than a bit frustrated.
    ISey likes this.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Relax, take it one step at a time and try to have fun. Its why most of us play, after all.
    ISey likes this.
  5. Anhari Active Member

By default there are 3 Personal Profiles you can customize and use, if the other 3 don't fit what you want.

I does not cost any in-game or DB cash to respec, so go ahead and create/use your personal profiles.

You can also create new profiles by pressing the new button and filling out the trees.

As far as playing the game F2P vs. subscription, at low levels it doesn't really matter, but at the higher levels, just like EQ it makes a difference. The good news is you don't have to use real cash (except for market place items), but you have to do a lot of farming for plat to be able to buy Krono's A Krono, when consumed grants you subscription status with all the bells and whistles (including the ability to play EQ, Planetside,,etc.). Caveat to this. Best money making requires selling o the broker, BUT you can't do THAT when you are Free 2 Play!

Suggestion: Play F2P until you get to your mid 60-80's then subscribe for 1 to 3 months. At that time, sell the best gear/food you can get on quests/raids or make yourself, then sell them on the broker. Once you have 2-5 million Plat, and a good way to make them in the future, then unsubscribe, buy a Krono, consume, rinse, repeat. (Or just bite the 15$ bullet and subscribe!)