Back after long break...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Odeletta, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Odeletta New Member

Hi guys, I'm back to EQ2 after a long break (I stopped a month or two after Velious came out), and looking on a little input on what to do next. I mostly play to enjoy the housing stuff and craft the different furniture, and I'm wondering if there are any new items to craft or gather for housing if I purchase Age of Discovery and Chains of Eternity?
    Trying to figure if the two expacs are worth it at this stage (though I might get Age of Discovery for the beastlord), because I leveled to 90 way back when for, and only for, my ability to make epic houses :)
    Any input is greatly appreciated!
  2. AccidentProne37 Active Member

First off, welcome back! There were some new items that came with Age of Discovery, though most of its appeal were mercs, tradeskill apprentices and beastlords in my opinion. Build you own dungeon was fun for a bit but I personally lost interest fairly fast in that aspect. Over all, I thought it was worth the money though. Chains of Eternity seems to have added quite a few housing and crafted items, though admittedly I don't know how many came with CoE and how many came with Velius part 2.

If you are a quester, I don't recommend CoE as there is one long Signature quest line, 2 normal quests (though I haven't been to the Obol (spelling?) plains yet so I can't answer for that...That said, its entertaining content if you aren't a quester and just really feel you need to level to 95. There is quite a few things coming for DoV with GU66 and It's recommended to be at or near level cap to go. After doing the beta, I'd recommend at least level 93 for the GU 66 content but you can probably do it before that... I don't know, I'm not too great at the game so I'm sure it can be done earlier.

Anyway, there's lots of new crafting and quested house items and the like. Welcome back again and hope I've helped some.

TL,DR: My opinion is that AoD and CoE are worth buying, though I still feel AoD should have been half the price for no more than it added to the game.
  3. Odeletta New Member

Thank you, that was the kind of input I was looking for! Time to start downloading, my slow internet takes days (literaly) to load stuff like that.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

There's a bit of housing stuff available in COE. Some from quests, some from new recipes, some on merchants. You can see the items at Trader's Corner. (there are other sites that have furniture as well, I like the layou

There are a few statues from tradeskill apprentice recipes from the tradeskill apprentices added with the GU 63 Skyshrine update (I do not actually know if you can access those without having Age of Discovery. Skyshrine was added as part of Velious content, but TS apprentices were from Age of Discovery).

I personally thought they were worth buying for multiple accounts.
  5. Dexella Associate Producer

Just wanted to pop in to say welcome back to Norrath! :)

~Dexella