Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Defileds, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

Are you serious? Because if you can just choose to go and fight the mob whenever you want by clicking to zone into a zone, and it's there 100% of the time, there is nothing stopping you except yourself from doing that. If a mob isn't up 100% of the time, or especially if it requires an item to spawn, and as soon as your raid party wipes that mob is free game for the next raid party that didn't have to use any of the reagent to now the mob and loot you all served up for them. Do you know what having the other raid party sitting there waiting to swoop on your still warm dirt napping corpses does as well? It adds pressure to those in your raid party weak enough to be worried about other people possibly stealing their precious pixels instead of just focusing on the fight and getting the job done.

Do you need other people to explain to you why that can make the same exact fight that's in an instance with absolutely no chance of outside interference or poaching suddenly more difficult just because people behind a keyboard are watching the fight, waiting to be the next to pull the encounter?

That's the game, don't like it? Sounds like contested spawns in the open world just aren't for you. Maybe if you whine and cry hard enough the game will keep getting dumbed down and we'll be right back to solo gear being the same as raid gear. That is fun isn't it? Why does it HAVE to be raid content to warrant bis? Why does it HAVE to be group content to warrant bis?

What great arguments for a race to the bottom.
    Maergoth likes this.
  2. Defileds New Member

i cant tell if you're just a troll or.... well prob a troll considering you're the only one here without a real in game name.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

Why not both?

Arena with a ~3 day loot lockout, but the ability to pull any as often as you want for "practice" like it was originally designed.
    wait for it...
    and
    Contested on a 5-7 day respawn.

So both groups of players can experience Avatars in a way that fits their play styles.
    Life and Arielle Nightshade like this.
  4. Chrexx Active Member

Did ya'll unironically wipe to a cube mob?
    Zenji likes this.
  5. Chrexx Active Member

I've fought the EoF avatars pretty extensively on Kaladim and Tarinax. Flame & Growth are difficult enough that guilds outside the top 5 almost certainly won't kill them, instanced or not. Maybe Fear too, Without PvP, Valor and Mischief will likely be farmable by a decent number of guilds.

As someone who has killed a lot of Avatars, and has more or less no-lifed it to secure them, I'm just not that interested in doing it again. In 2022, if you can put together a raid to farm any of those mobs, you deserve the loot. The challenge shouldn't be from waking up at 3AM with 23 other ppl to kill it. It benefits nobody.

The people in the guilds that are able to form up to kill them on off nights or weird times generally look back on that period of time with disgust. And then the guilds who never were able to pull them in the first place, never got to enjoy that content at all.

Keeping these mobs open world to preserve some obscure memory of how the game used to be 15 years ago doesn't make much sense to me. Make them instanced and improve the quality of everyone's time in game.

However, I am open to other ideas, should the mobs be instanced, like:

1. A longer-than-usual lockout period (a week, 2 weeks?)
    2. 1 pull attempt per lockout
    3. Anything other ideas?
  6. Fourg New Member

I disagree only because of how toxic other guilds are. Sometimes the challenge of the puzzle to a raid mobs is what fun we are looking for. Not dealing with other guilds crashing the zones, training mobs or any other number of ways to ruin it for competing guilds.
  7. Maergoth Well-Known Member

"Training mobs" sounds like a meme, but crashing zones and otherwise disrupting gameplay should be dealt with, and so far has been. People like to meme about portals, but lots of accounts got permabanned that day from what I understand. It doesn't go unpunished.
  8. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Idk who "ya'll" is, but bet nobody wiping to cube mobs if they're instanced. So clearly being contested adds some difficulty.

Sounds a little bit like you're burning out on cubes and won't have the energy or desire for the real contested mobs when they come out. So you're hoping to make them easy and instanced.

Maybe take it easy bud and be a little less lazy when it counts. You too, Zenji. Unless you guys are going to alliance for instanced mobs next.
    Spiritus Praeteriti likes this.
  9. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

Did you unironically just compare the pushover cube mobs to the actual contesteds of KoS or are we having a real discussion here? Oh wait I keep forgetting, you're all incapable of that.
  10. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

It's sad how you all talk about players harassing other players like it's just part of the game. Remember when the people taking your money every month actually did something about those players? No? Because you all stopped holding them accountable for doing that? or is it that you all stopped holding them accountable for that, because you'd all have no one left to play with if they were enforcing the rules like they used to?

I sure do wonder!
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

Pro tip: There are some people who aren't really interested in engaging in a rational discussion. They tend to resort to name calling and generally being miserable people. If you click on their name it will bring up some options. One of them is "Ignore." It makes it so you never have to interact with them again. :D
    Arielle Nightshade and Breanna like this.
  12. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

This. If not wiser, I'm at least older and have other responsibilities in life than I did when this was A Thing.
  13. Dreadshot2013 New Member

Avatars are the greatest thing ever in an MMORPG.
    I killed 500+ of them.
    I hope this idea will be developed someday.
    humanity must not lost it.
  14. Venser Active Member

wow grats Dreadshot, no one cares. 900% of everyone on TLE who claims they killed an avatar is 110% the worst player there is. So congrats to your accomplishment that everyone who played EQ2 has done.
  15. Dreadshot2013 New Member

it just makes you uncomfortable that most ww1 kills were done on my server.
    and tle servers is the only way to take revenge.
  16. Life Member

This is the way. The only one who's gonna have a problem with it is Maergoth.
    Zenji and CabinetSpace like this.
  17. CabinetSpace New Member

TLEs exist for a nostalgia trip. Nobody cares who kills what first in the end, or which guild can get 24 people to login at 5am to kill a mob. The vast majority of people are just here to play a game they loved a decade ago. Just put it all in instances like they do in EQ1 while also letting the OW version spawn for the people that care enough to form to kill it.
    Life likes this.
  18. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

Most of the people posting on this thread and in this subforum were the first and loudest people to be screaming about how content should be gated and just how important 10+ years after all this content was released and actually completed the first time, when there were 15+ raiding guilds across the 20+ servers, really [still] is.

It's hilarious to watch them finally get burnt out on playing through the same EQ2 content for the 5th time chronologically speaking, not even toon-wise how many times they've gone through the content, and how when it's not actually tuned well, when the itemization isn't very good, it's actually a drag to slog through. And then also hilarious to watch the ones who are trying to convince you how awesome the TLEs really are, when they're really just trying to convince themselves.
  19. Maergoth Well-Known Member

I suggested both earlier on in the thread. I'm a big fan of being able to practice them -- it builds confidence necessary to try to muster and contest. But you're not going to get the same loot from both, nor should you. The primary benefit should remain practice, and "experiencing the content".

Experiencing the content doesn't mean diminishing the value of the most powerful loot in the game by opening it up to bot crews and alt raids. Scarcity must be maintained, because proliferation means the entire server will have slots that can't be upgraded next expac without breaking gear progression worse than it already is.

As for Life's comment:
    "This is the way. The only one who's gonna have a problem with it is Maergoth."

I supported it on page 1 of this thread. If you're upset, we can talk it out, but figure it out first.