Discussion in 'Forum Help and Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Melodar, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Melodar Guest

Ok where is the avatar of big headed erudite's? I play one and would like to use an avatar of one but the small races seem to be winning the avatar war.
  2. ARCHIVED-RenfieldEavan Guest

Ditto with the Fae and Arasai. (And I assume we will add Sarnak to that list come fall.) I had been told before that too much was involved to add the missing racial avatars to the list; today I noticed several new options for "summer" avatars: [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] These are cute and all, but I'd really like to see the full set of racial avatars implemented before adding fluffy stuff. It's just a little avatar. That should be an easy fix. Shouldn't it? [Edit: OOO, and Frogloks! Sorry 'bout that Kaerou!!]
  3. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

As I said in a very similar thread recently, cook up some avatars as suggestions and maybe SOE will use them. I get the impression SOE's art department is always pretty busy with something and an avatar for a forum is most likely one of their lower priorities. Come up with something for them and I would expect some red-named kudos coming your way. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-RenfieldEavan Guest

They already have them in the guild rosters. They're just not available for forum use. [IMG] Fae [IMG] Arasai [IMG] Erudite
  5. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

Fasci@Butcherblock wrote:
    Hmm. Assuming they're the same size/style, I would assume it would be a trivial thing for someone at SOE to copy the avatars to the right place so they can be used. I assume it's just an oversight.
  6. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

I'm checking on it right now. Those ones are not the same size, so I'm going to see if I can find ones that are - or place an order for them from our web team. :) This is definitely going to fall in the 'soon(tm)' department if I have to order new ones, they have a lot going on right now. That said, I'll do what I can to get em in!
  7. ARCHIVED-kelesia Guest

This is the perfect thing to hand off to an intern - which might be where the summer ones come from :) Not only is it great experience, will lok good in a portfolio, but it's useful and they'll learn from it. :)
  8. ARCHIVED-RenfieldEavan Guest

Grimwell wrote:
    Thanks Grimwell! It's obviously NOT a priority, game-wise, but it would be a great nod to the players of races not yet represented. ;-) Thanks for looking into it! (And ooo, intern-project. Great idea!)
  9. ARCHIVED-FireDragon Guest

We're also missing Froglok Avatars, and those have been in a lot lot longer..
  10. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

[p]I whipped these up tonight using the race avatars from the character creation process. Just pulled them right out of the DDS file, easy as pie. :) I used the blue background and gold frame found in the female avatars' file, then rotated the color of the background for some variety. All of these images are 80x84.[/p][p][IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG][/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

This is GREAT stuff! Maybe with pulling it altogether like this it will be trivial now for the forum folks to get this uploaded for us.
  12. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

Very nice! I'll see what I can do with this (no promises, but they are NICE so why not try?).
  13. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

14. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Grimwell wrote:
    [IMG]
    Whoa...
    Thanks, Grimwell!!
  15. ARCHIVED-nobe Guest

Hey Grim -
    Any chance we can just use our OWN avatars? I mean, you let us have sigs (thankfully), why not avatars too? Most forums have it as a toggle-able option. Just limit the size they can be and allow access.
    How about it?
  16. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

Kaalenarc@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    It is my understand that this is the issue. Some of SOE's other game forums such as The Matrix Online have allowed widespread use of custom avatars and apparently the forum software does not currently have limits on the size. It is sometimes a bit of an issue with people putting in oversized avatars.

I suspect that once a size limit is put in, SOE will open it up to more people. Personally, I'd like to see this be a reward for account age or similar (not number of posts though!), but it's really not that critical in the grand scheme of things.
  17. ARCHIVED-nobe Guest

Tstorm wrote:
    Nah - its not really critical. Just more of a wish list thing. But there is ALREADY a size limit in place. Click on your profile and you will see the little line right next to your chosen avatar that tells you what the size limit is. I suspect that went in when they changed the forums over and the inability to post our own is a holdover from then maybe? On mine it says 130 x 130
  18. ARCHIVED-Tstorm Guest

Kaalenarc@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Interesting. I don't recall if this was there before the forum software update today.

Maybe the message is just a warning, maybe it is being enforced by the forum software, or maybe it is supposed to be enforced by the forum software but isn't. I can't find the post at the moment, but I do recall a previous red-named post indicating that if/when the avatar size was restricted by the forum software they'd consider making custom avatars more widely available to us. If it was fixed by today's update, it might just be a matter of flipping a switch to try it.

I'm not a big avatar or signature person, but I am able fascinated by the technology of all this stuff.
  19. ARCHIVED-nobe Guest

heh - who knows? Maybe they're gonna give it to us LOL. You never know... appearance armor slots, guild halls in the works, cats and dogs living together. Madness I tell you, madness!

hehe
  20. ARCHIVED-hobinm Guest

maybe they wont alloe us custom avavtars cause they are afraid one of us may use one from wow or another competing mmo. altho i don't see soe being that paranoid over something like that