Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Chrexx, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Chrexx Active Member

The Avatar loot is extremely underwhelming. For a lot of the pieces, wearing legendary gear from Castle Mistmoore is better. These are Avatars...they are supposed to drop best in slot gear, gear much better than you can get in raids, let alone heroic dungeons....

Going to use this thread to show problems. Up first: Staff of Light

[IMG]

First of all, the blue stats are underwhelming. Just adding .1 potency, .1 crit, and 2 ability mod does not make an item any better than heroic gear. The 2 crit chance effect from Maestro's Flame (from CMM) outparses the blue stats on the Staff of Light.

[IMG]

Secondly, the damage proc "Fiery Countenance" on the staff of light literally does almost no damage. As shown below, it did 28 dps on my Throne of New Tunaria zonewide, where I did 10,445 DPS. Yes, it literally only did .2% of my parse.

[IMG]

In case you're curious, 28 dps on a primary hand damage proc is extremely bad. The proc from Prismatic 2 (Wand of Second Life) does on average 150 dps on zonewides. Likewise, the proc from the Soulfire staff (Absolve Vitae) does about the same. Both Pris2 and Soulfire can be obtained by any random group of people on the server. People run pick up raids daily for Soulfire updates. How is it that you can put any random 12 people together and get a primary hand better than avatar loot?

Below is a zonewide parse from MMIS that I did with a pick up raid. Absolve Vitae from Soulfire did 130 dps on a zonewide where I did 9,266 DPS (1.4% compared to .2% cited earlier).

[IMG]

I'm not asking to make the avatar loot so OP that it trivializes content. All I'm asking is that Avatars items are changed so that they are upgrades from heroic content and simple quest updates you can get from pick up raids.

The Avatar of Flame is well tuned, it's a difficult fight. I appreciate the tuning changes you made. Today, it took 44 minutes for us to kill it. Please update the loot to match the difficulty. Will post more avatar item queries and detail tomorrow.
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Here is the Necklace of Pain as well severely under performing.
    [IMG]
    Even the Mark of Awakened from last expansion would be more useful than a necklace, and entire expansion later; on the hardest content in game. The other Necklace is off of Clockwork, a mob you can one group. It's pretty unfortunate that at this point running zones cleared day one that you can one group is better use of my time than killing Avatars and praying a few good items drop.
    More Avatar Gear:
    [IMG]
    Heroic Gear:
    [IMG]
    I mean realistically anyone wouldn't rely on the proc and would rather just have the static reuse that also contributes to Confront Fear. I can get an ear with reuse/ability mod as well that's gonna do better than the spell reuse, the proc and the stats. At this point anyone who is killing avatars doesn't really need the reuse that much. As of now only my bards really want that ear; and it's mediocre because it doesn't affect their CA's due to being spell reuse.

[IMG]
    The Trixy Cane is also extremely mediocre, If I wasn't wearing resist adorns, and quite a few other pieces due to being a main tank Templar I could actually cap my casting speed in raids with just monk/bard buffs. If I was a dps class I would just wear either Maestro's Flame or Soulfire and wear casting speed adorns instead of wearing the trixy cane and dropping casting speed adornments.

The only class the Trixy Cane is somewhat exceptional on is Enchanters, as they can feed some free power and get the casting speed so they can finally drop the agility line. Even then it's debatable even bothering considering they don't really need to wear this cane on any content. If I had like five in a mage group I suppose the power would be great. It's just boggling considering you have a belt next expansion that feeds 3% of the groups power on nearly every spell cast that not only out powers the Illusionist myth, but also nearly beats coercer groupwide manaflow.

[IMG]

Unsure really what to do now, I enjoy hard content.... but not when the gear is still tuned around 2007 values and not really super worth my time.

[IMG]
    I also can't stress how unbalanced the loot is at the moment, you have maybe 4-5 drops that you want to get every time, this ring, the stoneskin boots, the mage aoe avoid ear, and the growth staff. This scout ring is clearly best in slot, on the other hand you can get that necklace as a mage!

As we get more drops and test them i'll continue to adding to this thread. However as of now, I can't forsee us caring a lot about this loot, I'm all for RNG in a MMO to keep me to keep playing, but at least TSO avatar BP me; where my alts would wear the loot.
  3. Chrexx Active Member

The Staff of Unending Growth, even though the proc is really good, has irrelevant blue stats. See below:

[IMG]

The proc is on healing spell cast, making this a healer item, but it has DPS mod on it. Firstly, on every avatar, healers turn their autoattack off as to not trigger stifles/stuns/knockbacks written into the scripts. A better stat would be reuse, or cast speed, or a high amount of ability mod, or even fervor if you think avatar loot should be equivalent to Hunter's items. DPS mod effectively does nothing for the main tank shaman/templar that this item was intended for.