Auto loot macro?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Enzanatee, May 1, 2014.

1. Enzanatee New Member

Hey everybody!

I'm still fairly new to the game and my latest in game endeavours have been in understanding the macro system in EQ2. To get to the point, I was wondering if its possible to create a macro that auto looks stuff you've killed with the push of a button rather than clicking on screen in a way that is similar to using /target_nearest_npc in conjunction with harvesting/collecting etc? Anybody know of anything like this?
  2. AccidentProne37 Active Member

you don't have to macro it. if you go to options under the eq2 button at the bottom left of the screen you'll find the ability to set your character to autoloot. as far as macros go, I'm not aware of one but I'm not well versed in macros so it could exist.
  3. Enzanatee New Member

I am aware of that option and already have it set to Greed/confirm but even with this enabled you still must click on baddie corpses and treasure chests in order to loot them. Granted the auto loot confirm is quite nice for saving an extra on screen click.

I DO appreciate the response though. I was a long time EQ1 player back when that first launched up until about 200something at which point I moved over to another free MMORPG called Rappelz (at the time EQ was NOT F2P) and during my time in that game they introduced something that ultimately ended up spoiling me rotten, loot pets. Basically little pets that would follow you around automatically picking up any loot off dead guys near you.

As far as I was able to find from some brief searching I couldnt find anything like this in EQ2 so I thought to look for the next best thing, a button macro type ability to loot stuff. If anyone knows of anything like this again, please enlighten me! Also, if anyone thinks we should approach SOE and ask for some sort of "loot pet" that does the job for us speak up too! I wouldnt mind dropping some SC on a pet that picks up my loot personally.
  4. Malchore Active Member

I don't have a special macro. I make use of the 'f' key. If you hover your mouse over any object and press 'f', it will perform the default "double click" action, without you needing to double click your mouse. I use that in conjunction with the Group Options to auto-greed the loot. If I'm soloing, then I'll automatically loot all items.

This also works nice when harvesting. hover you mouse over a harvesting node and press 'f' will harvest the item.
    Finora and Shmogre like this.