Audio lag now too?

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze, Mar 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

[p]Something that has been appearing to me in the last week or so is a peculiar form of audio lag. Now I am quite prepared to accept this might be my computer, and I am awaiting a new one in the next week or so, but this is something that only happens with EQ2. What happens is that at times of high server load (daytimes appear unaffected) the audio just fades out and the only way to get it back is to relog to desktop. Occasionally I will get a second or two burst of "catch up" audio though which makes me think that this is an EQ2 issue rather than my pc. Strangely the problem usually seems to begin when I am in Clefts. Peculiar...[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-steelbadger Guest

But... All of the Audio files are stored on the client, not the server. All that the server has to do with the Audio is to prompt the use of a new file, its not like it is being played by the server. Maybe it is more to do with the processes, the audio taking a back seat, and with your computer falling slowly apart it may be that the audio process actually gets cut off in resource intensive areas? Dunno, but you DO need to upgrade your comp :p
  3. ARCHIVED-Sebastien Guest

[p]I have a lot of issues with music in this game.[/p][p]1. One issue occurs when I zone, and the music from the previous zone continues to loop infinitely, so that I have two tracks playing simultaneously. This one is annoying, and I need to restart to fix. Even just camping to character select will result in three tracks playing heh.. so a full restart of client is needed.[/p][p]2. A more serious issue for me is that music just doesn't play in most of the DoF and EoF zones. It will always start playing when I zone in. But once I walk in a bit, I will hit certain trigger points that will just shut the music off completely. These trigger points are 100% repeatedly.. so it isn't random.. but rather it's as if the music is designed to be bugged heh. If I had to guess, it seems that when the sound engine tries to fade the current track and start a new one, my music just cuts out completely.[/p][p]This one makes me sad because I am a big fan of in-game music. I tried posting about this repeatedly on the audio forum but there was never any reply. =/[/p][p]3. I have a specific bug with audio overall (not just music) that occurs when I go underwater in Butcherblock. All of the sound gets messed up and eventually shuts off entirely. It's like it is trying to use more channels than I have or something.[/p][p] [/p][p]4. Of these issues, only (1) is universal for me. The others are all limited to newer content, with the general trend being that, the more recent the expansion, the worse the sound issues are for me. =([/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Sebastien Guest

[p]Ah.. back to the forum that no one pays attention to.[/p][p]Thank you forum moderator for making sure these issues do not see the light of day. :roll:[/p]