Attn pvp dev: broken procs

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Maddest, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

I can agree about FoA and FoM Potions sharing a timer being a but dumb. However the game has had glaring PvP issues for years. The arguement of just using the PvP conversion window to make PvP versions of PvE Procs is what should happen.

Do you (or anyone) think that just because we (other players) decided to raid or maybe engage in other content beyond grinding players (that sounded bad) for Tokens? Why should one aspect of the game be worse for PvP than just 100% constant PvP... isn't an MMO about choice?

Sure PvE procs are OP in some instances... so make PvP versions using the already in game code. AA has been outdated, they got loads of feeedback almost a month ago on it. Wait for the April GU. While I agree Fear Procs are dumb in PvP it is only because of their duration when coupled with the mass CC players have.

A Fear Proc needs a Fear immunity proc to counter it effectively. It is the players job to know this. However when Immunity Procs were removed due to being "OP" now players are crying that the actual status-ailment proc is "OP" why don't we just completely remove CC from the game? That way there is no way you can possibly momentarily lose control of your character? It is very easy to go from a small seemingly meaningless change to a drastic one. PvP has been getting more and more boring for years and partly to blame is the whole "streamlining" of it.
  2. Davngr Well-Known Member

tbh only chanters should have CC and the small bit that each is given so that when you have a chanter on your team the benefit is really felt. given how low chanter survivability is they should even be given more CC freedoms.
  3. Delethen Active Member

Pretty sure they aren't on the same timer, at least not the ones I use. But they do have a uselessly long reuse on them anyway. You are spot on about the cookie cutter thing though, everyone would end up wearing the same procs etc regardless.
  4. Delethen Active Member

Its been apparent for a long long time that SoE only has very limited time it can allocate to PvP development, so there is realistically no chance of them being able to adjust existing procs for pvp in the way you would like.

Lesser of two evils to just remove them from PvP to be honest.
  5. Maddaus Member

If you can use freedom of mind and freedom of action on separate timers, please enlighten me. I've tried all different types .. and when i click one the other is not useable. Maybe you found a missed glitch that they will end up fixing in 5 years.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

You can't atm but really that would be a step towards keeping procs interesting and making players have counters to them.
  7. Maddaus Member

As of now you are destined to be feared or stunned. People will do one until you use the potion, and then overwhelm you with the other. Thats the reason fear procs are just dumb. And the timer is long as crapp to like Delly said.
  8. Delethen Active Member

Nm, was mistaken it seems.
  9. Daalilama Well-Known Member

TBH everything in this game especially in pvp is a result of cause and effect....
    Cause: All control effect immunity procs were removed, any control effect immunity abilities were nerfed.
    Effect: All control effects regardless if from player abilities or proc items (even a now famous lvl 43 proc) are not and as such control effects are out of control.

This is not a rant about removing those dreaded pve procs out of pvp, this is quite frankly a verty tired player of seeing illogical at best and downright dumb decisions made by the developement staff and the vocal minority on the forums who they seem to listen too.

When SOE made the decision to implement gamewide pvp (BG's) they essentially gave up any right to use the line that they do not have the resources to consistently implement pvp gear/mechanics/etc correctly. This was the essential company line when it was only limited to the pvp servers and was fine by the majority of the gamewide community (lord knows blue servers didnt want any precious development time wasted on the open world pvp community) but now with the inclusion of the entire gamewide community its time SOE manup and dedicate a real not temporary pvp development staff...their excuses are all used up. With the nerfing of some but not all pve procs, the push by a small amount of the community to completely remove them in pvp we are witnessing yet another repeat along the lines of gear serperation which even smokejumper now admits was their biggest mistake in pvp, went against the wishes and concerns of the majority of the community and was only pushed by the small select amount of open world players who quite frankly were garbage in open world prior the gear seperation and were not all that great after. Currently what we have is overpriced lvl95 pvp gear, a pvp jewelry set bonus so bad that even Ray Charles wouldnt have designed them (set bonuses for already pvp capped stats really a slap in the face and should never have been released) and pvp specific procs which are tbh absolute crapp in every way shape and form.
  10. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Now if only there were some type of proc immunity gear out there that would I dont know make you immune to those pesky control effects that would be grand.
  11. Malachy Well-Known Member

I agree that they do not have the resources to maintain procs and so they should just disable all gear procs unless it's on PvP gear.

If they had the resources, I would suggest a 2sec max duration to any CC procs and let them all go through, but it won't happen, so disable ALL of them.

You want CC abilities, power, dps, heals, etc? Grab/play a class that has the skills. It's the beauty of having 25classes to choose from.
  12. Maddest Active Member

Charm got nurfed Estred! funny how you says to use a nerfed spell to overcome a broken proc. I lold a little.
  13. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Thats bunk tbh they opened themselves up to maintaining procs when they decided to offer pvplite (BG's), as such the community is entitled to them correctly fixing the mechanics and procs correctly not nerf them to oblivion simply because the devs have never pvp'd before or have a clue on the real world mechanics...and nerfing into oblivion is simpler then you know adjusting them to fit their pvp only proc tag.