Aten Ha Ra: Vexing Confrontation

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Twofeets, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Nunja Well-Known Member

NOPE!!! there was no umbral det....you weren't there I was and I brought in someone else cause I thought I was wrong and same ****.
  2. Gelenor Well-Known Member

66 attempts, I give up at 100, i have called in guilides to group with casters who do it solo with ease. AI have done it before. But now I am blocked. I am a brigand at 356 k pot in zone, I die over and over to the umbral detention despite Sig's suggestions. Any help appreciated. Someone suggested adjusting my graphics, will try
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I must say that this fight is a massive pain in the rear if you dual. All mobs in the instance do way more damage than in any other too which doesn't help. I'm overburning her though (my pet is tbh, I only cast AoE to get rid of the adds), which doesn't help either, she casts everything back to back. The adds do a bit too much damage for my taste, they hit way more than in the other solo instances of the expansion, so I keep having to heal/ward with my other account and it's usually what triggers my downfall.
    For the detonation, she has 2 casting bars, the first one is to spawn the triangles. Try to be in the middle of the room and just sidestep to one side or the other to check for the furtive one. Then head to the triangle and when she yells, hit it. Make sure you don't cast anything with a long casting time while you're waiting for her to yell "umbral detonation", only short stuff aimed at the adds or fast-cast AoE. As soon as she yells, click the triangle and go back to the center of the room.
  4. Fervidus New Member

Well, i'm a bit baffled why if you even have the tiniest bit of built in lag, you may not be able to reach a triangle in time. The allowed time from her "umbral detonation" announcement to a fatal blow is so short, with a small amount of lag, it sometimes happens at the same time which essentially will make this zone unmanageable for some who live in rural areas. After 70 attempts, and a stern scolding of my internet and computer (translation: screaming profanities at the inanimate screen) I have opted to blow off this zone that I should be able to do easily. I have no difficulty understanding the strat, but is there anything else that I can try?