assy

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Nomoore, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Nomoore New Member

are you going to leave assassin class as is, for this expansion?

I wonder why the nerf when other classes
    ( similar classes tradionally ) are buffed bit over the top.

please .. devs.. do not all answer at once.
  2. Altho Well-Known Member

^ Exactly, if we have to stay this way atleast tell us why, cause right now I feel like this is a cheap way to squeeze money out of people. Right out the gate we blew our celestial from a 140$ expansion spent money raising our spells up and then a month later nerf like this. So now what? Are we expected to shell out more cash to become a ranger? No spells available either so you really have to start from scratch. Explain please, the reasoning behind this so that we can communicate better. Yes I'm bitter I apologize.
    Nomoore and DENSER like this.
  3. DENSER Well-Known Member

no, it's obvious, a commercial tactic to push you to stay in the game. do you think your class is crap? change and pay!

For the next one, too much bl, not enough assassins anymore? We nerf bl, let them go back to their assassins to pay more again.

And yes still no communication why these nerfs.
    No need to apologize.
    They don't even have the decency to answer us, we get robbed that's all
  4. DENSER Well-Known Member

Do not hesitate to respond to these false accusations, if any. With pleasure, finally, we will read to you
  5. Fisher Member

You could just stay an Assassin and not pay them hundreds of dollars as reward for nerfing your class. Just a thought.

Just live with the fact your class is weaker for the time being, give detailed feedback on the nerf and why it's unwarranted, and hope they revert it, nerf other classes to match, or buff you in some other way to compensate.
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

Just live....hope they...
    Sometimes and even often you have to say things, rather than kowtow and accept everything that is put in your face like a good doggie
  7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Unless you're in a top 4 guild, assassin is still capable of doing a job. Work hard at the class, learn how to get the most out of it, it's still strong enough, just not top right now.
  8. Altho Well-Known Member

Unless of course money was spent in the first month when the class was doing well.
  9. Altho Well-Known Member

Most of us can't even get within spitting distance of other T1's
  10. Altho Well-Known Member

I wish Gninja handled class balance cause he actually talks to us.
    Nomoore likes this.
  11. DENSER Well-Known Member

Ye agree assassin re good imo.
    for me the topic is, why not explain the dips when this is applied.
    Why increases? Why do we have to be shouted at to be heard? Why this silence on this subject yet essential. Incomprehensible

Ex : ca will be decrease cause we saw that... Etc. Etc. We might not agree, ok but at least something that proves us they think about it and not a adjustment launched like that, without saying a word.
  12. Kolt New Member

I'm sure if Caith or Accendo would get involved in this conversation we could discuss this constructively. I know quite a few players that would probably like to give feedback if they felt they we're listened to.
    Nomoore likes this.
  13. DENSER Well-Known Member

Are you also aware that this will never happen? That if it had been done, it was a long time ago. the only subject which should interest them seems to be the market place suggestions.
    There is no laziness to ask us what we like it or not. To know how to grab out money More efficiently.
    After how offended, given the number of ideas launched by the players, work for free to be even pumped money. Great idea lol

Perhaps it would be necessary to monetize their interventions, responses, via the market. We will surely be more likely to have
  14. Fisher Member

I didn't say to accept it, bud. "... give detailed feedback on the nerf and why it's unwarranted..."

If you think dropping several hundred dollars to swap to Ranger and getting your CAs maxed out just because they nerfed your class is a better alternative to explaining, in detail, why the nerf is a bad idea, then by all means, continue to incentivize them to do the very thing you're complaining about.
    That doesn't change anything I said.

You got nerfed. You have to live with that, give feedback, and hope they listen to said feedback. You have two other options: give them more money to swap to Ranger, or quit the game.

But no, instead of giving feedback about why the nerf is bad, maybe with some numbers to support your claim, we get "I spent money! :(" Okay, dude, every class who gets nerfed is going to have players who spent money on it prior. You're not special in that regard, and the fact you spent money on your class doesn't mean they shouldn't nerf it, nor will complaining that you did change the minds of the developers.
    I sincerely doubt that you would be satisfied with any reason they gave for the nerf. You aren't going to think "Well, they nerfed me for a dumb reason, but at least they thought about it and told us why!" You're just looking for something specific to argue against in the hope they'll revert the nerf when you tell them it's a bad decision.

Let's be honest with ourselves here. You don't actually want to know why they nerfed your class, you just don't want to be nerfed. And that's fine. Just say that. Then give some detailed arguments as to why you think they shouldn't nerf you.
    I'd suggest paying it forward. They might be more inclined to engage in conversation if the conversation were worth engaging in.

Do you think they're more likely to respond to detailed feedback with numbers proving the nerf is unnecessary, or "I paid money and now you nerf me?! UNACCEPTABLE!"
    Rattophaxe and Dude like this.
  15. DENSER Well-Known Member

You re guessing wrong , some like to know why such actions are taken, I have no assassin, It's just logical to share changes about your class.

Reread what I say and have been for months, simply explain why, simply share their visions of the classes and their applied changes.
    It's still not rocket science.

Sincerely, yes, I am ready to accept these changes if explained. Yes it seems crazy to you, yes you will believe that I am writing this to contradict your answer. Well no Sincerely, yes, I am ready to accept these changes if explained.

This silence on these changes does not help them.

Look at the craft, there were exchanges, listening, maybe not what the majority expected. But a developer who holds his subject with an iron fist.
    Where is the one who should hold that part ?
    None, just ghosts And our sterile confrontations
  16. Fisher Member

You'll accept ANY answer they give you? I'm going to press X to doubt on that one, to be honest. I doubt you'll get a chance to prove it, but if you're willing to accept the changes regardless of the reason, then you don't really need a reason in the first place. If all answers are acceptable to you, just make one up in your head because it would be equally as satisfying to you as the actual answer.

They could come out and say "there's literally no reason, which is why we didn't explain it in the first place," and it should provide the same satisfaction to you as a well thought out and detailed explanation with numbers to support the decision, right?
  17. Nomoore New Member

I would just like a discussion on it, took me 3 edits for my post to become a bit salty. hehe
    good to see it is getting some notice, and for me, it is quit that is the option,
    not adding a dime before I get an answer or a slight fix.

I have liked eq2 in nearly all itorations,
    and love 3 classes in eq2 (used to be alot more, but getting old :p) Zerk, Illu and assy.
    but...

"Life is too short to worry about stupid things!"
  18. FreedomJesus New Member

I am genuinely curious. Is it the way the class feels after the nerf that isnt cool, or the fact your numbers now come up lower on dps chart? EQ is a game about lore, exploration, and community. If you are playing for competitive dps charts then you are prolly in the wrong place. If you can still clear content and group with your guild then does it really matter if numbers come back differently?

Seems a lot of these fixes start with your own perspective and mentality about the game. People now base so much of their value and worth on a box of numbers rather than the individual. If the class still plays fine and clears content then just have fun man. Its all just text and numbers, do not let it blind you from the real treasure of Everquest.

I am by no means flaming anyone, and respect your frustrations.
  19. DENSER Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with. This is about why they are making changes to the classes whithout any explanations.
  20. FreedomJesus New Member

So you want whoever is doing balance adjustments to take the time and explain every change made and why? I understand wanting that information, I am sure most would. But could you imagine actually doing that. It is not the devs to adjust the game to the player, it is the devs games you like it or you kick rocks. Even if they did explain it then the next complaint/question would still be why, just another variation of it.