Assassin Upgrades Please!

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by wardenwardspls, Jan 15, 2013.

1. wardenwardspls New Member

-Make crafted poisons the way they used to be, aka take off the "cannot be modified except by direct means" portion of it. Allow them to crit once more.

-Reduce the base recast of Mortal Blade to 1 minute so that it can be used in every pft/ips chain like all our other stealth attacks (minus assassinate).

-Increase our base auto to put us on par with Beastlords/Summoners. Their pets currently proc all group damage procs such as victorious concerto, peace of mind, blade chime, fanatical devotion, stampede, etc. Beastlords and summoners currently proc these group damage procs so much more and its creating a huge gap between other dps classes.

Thank you for your consideration.
  2. Draylore Well-Known Member

Hmm....as an Assassin I do agree they do need to do something about crafted poisons to make them useful again. All I know is that I can totally forget to even use poisons and no one would be the wiser...unless they looked WAY down on the ACT dmg breakdown list.

Could care less about recast of MB......is one ability.

While I would take higher base auto......that is a larger variable in overall class balance and mechanics I really have no clue if it would be a good thing to do. I cannot speak about how things are at top top level of game play with all the best gear and buffs......but at mine (EM CoE) I do not see any huge gaps between equally geared/capable DPS classes.
  3. Kwikdeath Active Member

Poisions need to Crit, it would help Predators and Rouges keep up casters and BLs. Numbers may need to be modified (reduced) for balance.

MB and Assassinate need to have ~ 1.5min and 5min base reuse. Look at BL and Wizzy CAs, what they hit for and how often they are up. There should be no reason why these cant be looked at, as the game is not the same game it was in 2004. Assassinate is not class defining, it is just another CA that may or may not be in the top 5 on a fight and likely wont be up many fights if you don't get a refresh.

Would be nice to have both of these looked at, but I'm not holding my breath :).