Assassin post 38 KNOWN Skill/Ability Problems - Comprehensive List:

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ARCHIVED-BoneMan, Jan 26, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Ooreo Guest

synister9 once said:
    You missed an important group utility: Assassin's Mark

It's gives the entire group a 2% (3% at adept3) to proc Agonizing Strike, which at my level, is aprox.
    240-400 DD
    250-500 DoT every 4 seconds

That was a bug. It has been fixed. It now only proc once. Yes any member of the group can trigger it. But it can only be triggered once and has to be recast.
  2. ARCHIVED-Aienaa Guest

That was a bug. It has been fixed. It now only proc once. Yes any member of the group can trigger it. But it can only be triggered once and has to be recast.

Actually Assassin's Mark lasts more than 1 proc (the icon normally disapears, but it's still in effect)... But your lucky if it even procs once on a normal exp mob... I normally do not even use it, unless it a ^^ mob, and even then, the most you get out of it is like 3-5 procs...

On the higher end raid mobs, it seems to never proc... doesn't matter if all 24 people are beating on it, you never see it proc..

Poisons are virtually useless.. sure, you can get them to land on normal exp mobs, but why would you... The mobs are generally dead in no time anyways, what is a extra 100-300 damage going to do... Raid mobs, you can't even get poisons to stick... even with our poison debuffs, you still can't land any... Maybe we're suposed to use the poison that reduces poison resist, but then again, you would have to get it to land first...

Gwern - 50 Assassin - Kithicor
  3. ARCHIVED-Tataline Guest

I disagree. Utility means watered down in games. Any utility you add needs to be ballanced against what you've already got, either you're going to need to give up something to gain it or you'll get some really poor "utility" that one one wants in the first place. I'm not saying assassins are fine now, far from it, but adding "utility" isn't what I'd want to see.

I rather like that what we DO have for utility comes in the form of our attacks. Nearly every attack we have is some form of debuff for the target, if anything, I'd prefer to see that expanded upon. These debuffs are also one of our biggest problems at the moment, it means assassins don't "stack" in groups or on raids. More obvious effects from the debuffs would be helpful in other classes see the value of assassins... for example, the way Assassin's Mark works now makes other people take notice of us when they're getting the credit for agonizing strike.

As for group poison and disease resists, isn't that part of what Dirges are for?

Another thing I'd like to see is the ability to use some form of blunt weapons. Scouts are a DPS class, yet, in many encounters we're basicly useless. Drathnor, 99.99% immune to slashing, 100% immune to pierce. Hand of Solusek, another mob where you're slashing for maybe 2-9pt unless its debuffed and you can hit for up to 15. Why not introduce a line of scout-specific blunt weapons? Heck, it wouldn't even need to be scout specific for that matter. My thinking is having weapons like Saps, Blackjacks, and other light clubbing weapons. They could have a more poor damage range than other weapons of the level. Maybe a dual wield could be 5-20 base damage and 1.4 delay at 50th. You wouldn't want to use that over a dagger or sword, but against mobs where the choice was use crushing or sit afk, its a better option. Those sorts of weapons are made to subdue opponents rather than kill, so a lesser damage would make some degree of sense... heck, you could even go as far as making them 1h only, since who really dual wields blackjacks? The point is to allow scouts to at least have something to do against these melee immune mobs.

Another option, and perhaps more inline with assassins, would be skill in armor piercing. As we level, we're allowed to ignore a certain percentance of a creature's mitigation value, even to the point of being able to damage otherwise piercing immune mobs with piercing weapons. Not only would this raise our base DPS (which is a problem now anyway), but allows us to participate in our intended roll on raids.

At any rate, I'm all for class improvments, but I don't want a bunch of buffs for "utility".
  4. ARCHIVED-khalysta Guest

To add more fuel to the fire brawlers appear to get a 4k damage attack witht he adventure pack on a 5 minute timer. It's limited to solo mobs but geez thats quite a bit for a class that is already tops on the melee damage and a great soloer while the predators get extra haste which is ok but nothing thats going to make a huge difference.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ooreo Guest

khalysta once wrote:

To add more fuel to the fire brawlers appear to get a 4k damage attack witht he adventure pack on a 5 minute timer. It's limited to solo mobs but geez thats quite a bit for a class that is already tops on the melee damage and a great soloer while the predators get extra haste which is ok but nothing thats going to make a huge difference.

*Checks the calendar* Wait! Its not april 1st yet!
  6. ARCHIVED-Shidipoo Guest

The biggest problem is the stacking and the "Target is too powerful" issues. Most of our damage abilities have some sort of debuff, so making them not stackale creates a huge loss in DPS. Also..I can't understand why our weak stifle cant hit high-end epic mobs, while other classes can.
    And for the love of god...reduce the condeming blade (or up the damage) and assassination timers.
    That Monk ability is just a slap in the face to us. A monk in our guild hit for 5694 with it, btw (Solo, non-epic, under 50 mobs).
  7. ARCHIVED-Tataline Guest

Go check the Kithicor "high hit" for magic. Brawers have an assassinate (5694 pt hit) skill on 5 minute reuse, but i guess only works on solo mob encounters.
    Message Edited by Tataline on 03-22-2005 02:49 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Stain Guest

I just dinged 38,
    Find it hard to believe that I would be at peak dps now.
    Im always doing over 100 dps, if im not slacking, often at 200. Power never runs out, the heritage axe procs all the time (210 to power pool each proc).
    I never run out of spells to use, one round stealthed attacks, next round front end and so on.
    Yes, some spells have long reuse timers, but instead we have a wide variety of medium to high damage attacks.
    And with the abililty to have as many posions as we wish active at same time, wow we can proc millions of poison damage.
    The only problem Im having right now is, I DIDNT GET MY LVL 38 SPELLS!!!! what on earth am I to do...

Im happy to be an assassin.
    Brgds
    Rennie / RunneyEye
  9. ARCHIVED-Tataline Guest

There are no level 38.0 combat arts for assassins. You get both Condemning Blade and Bloodthister at 38.6
  10. ARCHIVED-Xminos Guest

just dinged 38,

First off, gratz to you on dinging 38. Assassins are a blast to play and they are a great addition to any group imo. However..

Im always doing over 100 dps, if im not slacking, often at 200. Power never runs out, the heritage axe procs all the time (210 to power pool each proc).
    Your ax will soon become grey to mobs, hence your dps will go WAY down, so it wont be worth using it. Not to mention it cannot hit any 2x 4x mobs. But make use of the PGT, its great for your lvl.

And with the abililty to have as many posions as we wish active at same time, wow we can proc millions of poison damage.

Rennie, please read some of the 1posts all the way not just skim them and assume you know what they are saying. We have mentioned on multiple posts that poisons do not land on much 45+, and basically nothing 47+. Hence there goes you leet procs of millions of poison dps. I know what you are saying it rules to use the stuff, I miss it dearly. That is one of the fundamental problems scouts in gerneral have, our DPS was based off of poisons. We were nerfed back near the end of beta because we use poisons and they scaled our melee dps back to balance things out. From my beta/post beta tests we lost about 20-25% of our dps in that nerf, and we will never get it back post 45. I understand you feel extremely powerful and uber as can be, and thats great because you are right now, however I must inform you that you are infact at the top of your game. Just for a few nights use a different off hand, don't use poisons and then you will know what its like to be 45+. You will see your dps slip, and your power get eaten because you are trying to stay up to par with other melee. Its nothing personal to you by all means its great to be a assassin even in our current broken state, but please do not contradic what we are stating without atleast reading the posts that we have made regarding our class. We need to take these issues to the devs as a team, not argue about it on our own forums.

I typed this up while my guild is fighting Darathar. Being a Assassin we are totally useless on the fight, I am sitting back watching them kill him with 14 people.

Xminos
    Fires of Heaven
    Permafrost
  11. ARCHIVED-Tataline Guest

Omg, get in there and fight! 47 damage from makeshift weapon almost doubles your dps! Then you can do a whopping 73pts with seeping wound and few ticks of 28 from lingering blow! Don't forget the 15pts from Moor!
    I mean, that right there over the course of the entire battle saves one of your wizards from casting a whole ice comet.. maybe two!

Ya, I absolutely hate Darathar. Makes me so mad that SOE created this huge epic quest and at the very end gives a big FU to anyone who plays a scout... not so much bards, but rogues and preds get the shaft. Absolutly ruined the entire experince for me.

Asphyxia and Solusek's fist just about as bad... at least most of the other mobs I can do 50% damage to. I don't think I've seen a single mob yet that is immune to crushing, most of the time is the most favorable damage type.
  12. ARCHIVED-Stenson Guest

Considering the lack of utility we get in comparison to wizards, this would be my vision of the top 3 on the DPS ladder:
    VS. a single very tough opponent
    1. Predators
    2. Sorcerors
    3. Rogues and Summoners
    VS. multiple enemies
    1. Sorcerors
    2. Predators
    3. Rogues / Summoners

Again, just my opinion. We predators are supposed to be able to track down and kill a single target, there is no way
    I think we should be able to compete in mass killing like the sorceror. But when it comes to one big bad end boss,
    we should know all the weak points in his armor to hit (even if he is very strong against piercing and slashing!).

~Stenson
  13. ARCHIVED-Stain Guest

Tataline: Aye thanks, I worked my way trough 38 today and noticed they both came at 38.6.
    Very odd though.

Xminos: Thank you for a very constructive answer, and none aggresive. I guess I have to admit I might have let some of the post slip by very quick, and I have missed the fact that 47+ mobs cant be porced with poison.

Allthough I have to wonder, are they completely immune to poison or do they just have very high poison resists?
    Cause if the latter I would assume that using t5 alchie potions that lower poison resist combined with our spells that do the similar, would be possible to get even their high resists down, making them vulnerable to poison attacks.

And if im still wrong and the fact is we are useless at 50, im sure there will be fixes to our class, later on.
    Allthough I feel more sorry for the rangers. They seem to have it alot worse than us.

Brgrds
    Rennie 39 Assassin/ RunneyEye