Assassin FAQs

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ARCHIVED-akumatzu, Nov 9, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-khalysta Guest

emissary mitsia
  2. ARCHIVED-Sobelius Guest

One other note you all may also be aware of from experience:

If you miss a stealthed attack skill because the target moved out of range, you don't break stealth BUT your melee attack is engaged. If you don't turn off your basic melee attack before trying to get close to the target, you will attack and break stealth.

Question on a combo move I've used and notice a difference:

If I use the Lucky Break > Cheap Shot > Bleed chain, and get a Ringing Blow, the final damage output is much higher than other chains that lead to Ringing Blow. I'm guessing here that the benefit of the ringing blow is a free 'stun' on the target, while the damage is based on the skills used for the chain (i.e. Bleed causes more dmg than other sword-icon chain moves, so naturally this chain leads to more dmg). Anyone know if this is true, or if certain HO chains cause more dmg depending on which skills were used for the chain -- as in a dmg bonus for using certain skills in the chain?
  3. ARCHIVED-mallani Guest

That right, stalk is the combat only stealth that can be used for pulling. Here is the cool part, since it also lowers your threat lvl (agro) you wont be the one beeing hit most of the time (in a group that is).

1. Target the mob in question (makeing sure that the other are ready)
    2. Hit the key for Stalk, causing the mob to agro, BUT since you lower your agro...that is already zero since you havent attacked him the person closest to the mob will be attacked (so the tank in question should try and be the closest).
    3. fight!
  4. ARCHIVED-MMag1c Guest

question about becoming an assassine

ok if i create a character kerra start in quenos as a predator
    at lev 19 can't i just go to freeport and finish the assassine quest and come back to quenos as an assassine
    or do i have to go through the betrayel quest to become an assassine and switch to freeport as my home town

i want to become a good assassine (hehehe)
  5. ARCHIVED-Dharkk Guest

Actually, he's semi-right.

If your tank started to pull a group, but the group hasn't engaged in combat, and you begin to "hunt", aggro will switch to you. I think sneak does this as well, but not sure. I don't use sneak anymore. But I've had this happen a few times where the mobs were incoming, I triggered "hunt", and they attacked me instead of the tank.
  6. ARCHIVED-LyamShaman Guest

Awesome info thanks for taking the time to put it all together
  7. ARCHIVED-scivias Guest

As a simple rule, all stealths that require you to select a target ere you can use them are bound to produce hate to the target. Everything that gets you stealthed without having to select a target and thus without initiating combat is harmless.

So you can stealth all day long while you wait for the tank to pull the mob, calling you a newb because of it is not semi-right, its just false.
  8. ARCHIVED-Vaiyo Guest

From what I can tell, if a group member aggros something, it will aggro everybody in the group. So for example if the group bruiser goes out and pulls a group of mobs but for whatever reason he dies enroute back to the group, even if you are stealthed the mobs'll eventually get to you, sooner or later.

I'm not 100% sure that is the case, but my guess is that stealth is not possible (with the aggro'd mob or mobs) when you're in the group and somebody in the group has aggro. Else, stealth would be the greatest skill ever because it'd be better than FD!
  9. ARCHIVED-brulgard Guest

Not true at all. I can pull aggro from a tank that's recently pulled by hunting only, and it doesn't require a target. Going into stealth mode while a tank has little hate against him will instantly pull the aggro to you. I can repeat this if you'd like to see it in game.