Fixed Internally Ascension Spells lvl 21-25 not dropping

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Doiha, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Doiha New Member

As of the last time I could get onto EQ2U it appears that no Ascension scrolls of any tier or class at level 21-25 have yet dropped on any server.
    Unless it is intended that these either do not drop, or are only available from T3 raids and above, this would suggest that they are not currently in any loot table, or that there is a problem with them dropping (Like in VOV with the GM Recipe books not dropping for the first 6 weeks of the expac).

Could this please be looked into and resolved.

Many thanks
    Smashey, Niokissa, Jinksie and 2 others like this.
  2. vlada Active Member

afaik not a bug
  3. KingDragon Active Member

This one looks like a better spot to +1 for attention.

I also get the impression this "might" be by some twisted design, but I don't see it confirmed anywhere.

Would also like to see upgrade path for new levels of ascensions, not just the older ones, via a method other than DBC Research or Research potions from Overseer.

It was mentioned during beta that the ascensions for 21-25 would "drop" but neither see them, nor anyone bragging they actually got one, and there's too many braggarts for one to not be being talked about by now.

Are these locked behind GameUpdate? Locked to one zone and it happens to be an ureleased raid zone? This another "broken" loot table thing similar to the Vacrul patterns in VoV?

Just trying to figure out the intent and how we as players are to achieve the content. Would love to figure out my game plan on my Main, much less my several alts....

Please let us know what's going on here, as it feels/appears broken.
  4. vlada Active Member

they havent been released yet as far as anyone knows so it is not a bug which is the intent of this subforum
  5. Doiha New Member

Thanks for the update, but how do you know they havent been released yet which as you state wouldnt be a bug, rather than accidentally omitted from loot tables like the GM Recipe Books last expansion as I referenced in my initial post.

If there has been confirmation that these are indeed not yet released or some kind of schedule as to when they will be, then I have missed this and would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

If this hasnt been confirmed then how can you be so sure it is not a bug which is the intent of this subforum?
    KingDragon likes this.
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

Outside of Caith's post in the beta forums (Two? months ago), there has been no word from the developers about the 21-25 ascension spell upgrades at all.

As of the moment there is no information at all about whether the 1-20 drops are intentional, or if they are suppposed to be the 21-25 spells, or if the 21-25 spells drop in the unreleased GU zones, or...

All we know is that during BETA the plan was for the 21-25 upgrades to be drops.
    Jinksie and KingDragon like this.
  7. Denmum Developer

It is being looked into (not by me, I'm just the messenger)
    Breanna, KingDragon, Aethos and 3 others like this.
  8. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Any update on this? It's been almost 2 months since the last post and almost 4 months since the expansion launched. Are these now dropping in the game? If so where? I have never seen one. Has anyone else? Thank you.
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

I have seen them drop recently yes. Rare, but they do drop.
    Dude likes this.
  10. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Ok. Good to know. Thank you for taking the time to post!
    Dude likes this.
  11. Drona Well-Known Member

They seems to be more common in H3 zones as well. Seen decent amount of masters and even couple of GM drop in H3.
  12. Neilzz New Member

We have had them dropping in the last 2-ish weeks since the one update. We see the journeymen and adepts in the Graceless (more frequently) and sometimes regular solos. We see the experts in the H2 and H3.