Ascension Spell Quality Progression

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Widem, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Milchbart Active Member

Well, thats a solution, but a very final one. In the moment we even dont know is it really neseccary to have them all quickly on high level.Some people here in forum are talking already about first success in chalanged heroic instances, obvioulsy without all the ancient spells. I agree, all this has a tast of p2w, but we can walk around the problem, by ignoring it.
    My personal suggestion is now, develope only one ascension class, up to level 10 and earn a nice ring with 1300 potency and 20 resolve. Select 3 or 4 prefered spells and research them. Without getting any spellscrolls it would take still 9 months, but one day some scrolls will apear at broker.
    For example the first spell gives 1 to 5 % more potency. This one I will forget. On lvl 10 union of stone journeyman gives 14 % potency on ancient 3 fervor in addition, but is it such a big advantage to have 3 fervor more? I will research to master and it is ok. Between lvl 1 and 10 I will just take something what is good for my playstyle.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Yet another dump question - anyhow I did not notice anything harvestable in OF ...what component needed for journeymen quality of spells?
  3. Milchbart Active Member

You will not find any normal harvestable in KA. There are some noods, looking like flowers/plants, to harvest, but they are very, very rare.
  4. Chillispike Active Member

If the casting speed goes up with higher spell levels .. then it's really time to figure out the combos. Maybe the combo reduces the casting speed?
    I really don't mind figuring stuff out, if you get a chance for clue :/ Try and Error is borrrrring
  5. Milchbart Active Member

It seems even beta players dont know today how combos will work. I believe it is not yet implemented in the game.Obviously the KA gear, content and spells are coming all in several steps. Ascension spell were available in the beginning only to lvl 5. I heard since this week you can get all of them. I hope quest for Epic weapon 2 will come beginning of next year and Combos, well nobody knows. Lets see it positive. Xmas is waiting. We can all make a breack, play with kids in the snow and research timer is ticking! :D

For me a decrease of casting time sounds less plausible. I believe more in an increase of damage.

I had a look to EQ2U and found the spell scrolls for my geomancer. They are listed as lvl 101 to 110.

All spells journeyman:

101 Binding stone, buff 2% more potency
    102 Stonehammer, casting 6,7 sec, 16807 - 28007 damage
    103 Terrene destruction, casting 7 sec, multi attack +55 for 40 sec
    104 Terrestrial coffin, casting 7,5 sec, 30 sec root and 19115 - 39701 damage
    105 Accord of stone, casting 4 sec, 8% more potency for 30 sec
    106 missing
    107 Obsidian mind, casting 8 sec, defence against stuns, stiffe, root... for 8.8 sec
    108 Telluric hammer, casting 7, 3 sec, 13654 - 28358 damage
    109 Errosion, casting 6, 5 sec, 4369 - 9075 damage plus dot
    110 Granit protector casting 4 sec, a pet for 10 sec

For the upgrades of the spells I can say stone hammer master is around 60% stronger than journeyman, but casting is still 6, 7 sec. The casting time is always rather high! Specially 107 is looking strange, 8 sec casting for 8, 8 sec protection?!?
  6. Aivet Well-Known Member

Remember that those are the casting times without casting speed figured in; 100% cast speed will halve the cast times. Also, Accord of Stone is a buff to replace Binding of Stone (there's another replacement at level 10). Yeah, I'm not sure about Obsidian mind...seems a bit short given that my zerker has stun etc. immunities that last far longer.
  7. Milchbart Active Member

@ Aivet
    Of course casting speed reduce the time by half, but thats for every spell. Stonehammer goes down from 6,7 sec to 3,4, but a fast weapon spell goes down from 1 sec to 0,5. The relations is unchanged. In addition the recasttime of ascention spells is several minutes. In a normal fight you can use them just 1 time and thats it.
    In the moment I am testing to pull the mob with stone hammer. In this way I am not loosing too much time. The effect on a named in advanced solo is a decrease of around 10% hp (stone hammer on master). Ok, that is pretty much for a casual tank like me, but after this one hit the rest of the fight is business as usual.
    Our wizard has normal and faster spells, with similare effect. For him I see no advantage at all. An increase of multi attack is also nothing for a wizard. Maybe for him the spells like terrestial coffin are better for mages, we will see. At least the mob is rooted.

Concerning the potency buffs I had already my doubts about the duration. EQ2U must be wrong at that point. If it is a permanent buff at lvl 110 it will give us 10 or 12 % more potency on low grade and something around 18 on higher. Is this the big nuclear bomb, what justified 45 $ or a year to wait?

I am coming more and more to the conclusion, ascension is something "nice to have", but it will not change the game a lot.
  8. Aivet Well-Known Member

Yep, pretty much; I basically figure on 1 per fight, generally like you do, as a pull. It's the recast speed that's the real downer.

Yeah, buffs look a bit weird on EQ2U; pretty much all of them say "Duration 180 seconds". I've just hit level 5 in Geomancer, and it's definitely a replacement for the level 1 buff. The higher qualities give fervor as well.

One thing I will say about the geomancer class: Terrene Destruction is impressive. The "+55" you see is actually "*55", or in other words, you get +5500 WDB. That thing *shreds*: I'm doing 60-150 million per hit (and I'm not massively well geared), which means with MA and flurry, it's a fair whack. I buff up, put that on, and things just die. It stifles you, but any spells you can use while stifled still work. It doesn't work with spell weapons though (IMO it should, as most spell weapons do crushing damage by default, but that's an argument for another day). I'm not sure how it'd stack up against someone with a really high fervor though.
  9. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

The only rare component for journeyman spells is the illegible scroll
    DoomDrake likes this.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Next silly question and where those scroll can be found?
  11. Aivet Well-Known Member

They drop from Solo/Adv Solo bosses. I've found a total of 1 so far.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  12. Milchbart Active Member

So I was wrong again, but ok, I am not a crafter. But for whar are these harvestables in Obol, for the new adornments?
  13. Aivet Well-Known Member

Yes, they're needed for the new green adorns (luclinite nodule and shadow quartz) along with the damaged stones. They're also used in the usual mastercrafted stuff: jewellery, armour, weapons and so forth. The MC gear is generally better than the solo drops, it's all 9 resolve for a start.
  14. Chillispike Active Member

Combos didn't got actived in the beta, that's a fact.
  15. semisus Does not play this game

ok you really need to up the rate on these scrolls , alot of solos and heroics done and ive yet to see a single scroll drop
    the only scroll ive seen drop came from a raid
    and adept and masters needs to be dropable
    Jachin likes this.
  16. Jachin Active Member

The accuracy is real.
  17. Jachin Active Member

18. Freeheroic! Member

This is great. I love all the people saying 'you are just worried about people being better than you' or 'its not p2w since you can just research' or 'i paid my $$ but i havent won yet!?'.

I can't wait til you guys have all the upgrades you can reasonably get via gameplay, and you're in a group or raid and you just can't quite kill the mob. And you're not sure what to do to progress and kill this mob, and you see that DBC symbol next to <whatever new feature they add>.

First they came for the fervor, and I said nothing, because it was just membership benefits.
    Then they came for the infusers, and I said nothing, because the gains were so minimal.
    And then they came for my ascension abilities, and I said nothing, because I had a bunch of irrational arguments about why it wasn't p2w.
    But now I'm stuck and I have to decide whether to fork out some cash, or wait 3 months for a timer to count down.
  19. Milchbart Active Member

Yes, it was a good idea to bump the thread, because we all have now more expierience with the ascensions.

I can say now my own impression is even worse than in the beginning of the discussion. I reached yesterday ascension lvl 5 and started epic weapon 2. This was the main reason for me to grind xp. The last two weeks I made not one interesting new quest, simply because after sig-line of KA there are no more quests!
    Running throw high keep and when I reached the end I run back to the entry....
    One spell is now journeyman, what a big improvement! What ever I can do with 5 ascension spells, I can do completly without them too. 1. spell is a buff for potency, but already 5. spell makes it useless. At least I can say it is stupid to improve both, because with lvl 10 spell they are both useless. 3. spell stiffels me and is more a handicap then an advantage. 2. and 4. are doing indeed lots fo damage, but in a fight I can use them only one time, with very long castingtime. Not to use any ascensionspell means I need a few seconds longer for the mob and that is all! Remember I bought stonehammer on master. Yes, it helps, but without it works too.

Last but not least we all grind xp for ascension because we need it for Epic 2. Actual we have a kind of shitstorm just here in the forum because we need not only ascension, we need also a lot of old quests (by coinsident I have them) and crafting on lvl 100. I hate crafting.

From my point of view the introduction of both, ascension and epic weapon are only a cheep way to send us in endless timesinks, without supplying a real content in the new expansion, but we paid for it!

Rise of Kunark had 5 outdoor zones and 800 quests, Kunark ascending has 1 zone and around 50 quests.This comparation is showing the problem, we got less "Everquest" for the same money.

I am playing since more than 10 years. When ever the game became boring I stpped it and came back after a while to see how it developed. i believe it is time for the next break.
    Mizgamer62 and Meneltel like this.
  20. SteveB Active Member

So, is there finally any short way to upgrade the spells without getting scammed by DBG? MY ascension feel so poor on Apprentice ;-)