Ascension newb-combos?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by kingmob23, Apr 1, 2019.

1. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Tried looking up info on this. I randomly saw combos mentioned on a wiki page, read about them, thought oh cool. I have my Thaumaturge at 11 and Etherealist at 10, I can do some sweet sweet combos and impress the ladies!

But the only thing that makes no sense is as far as I can tell, you can't use multiple ascension class abilities at the same time. You have to go to a trainer and "manually" change classes. Am I missing something that allows you to have more than one classes abilities active, or do combos work in some different way?

I do try and look all these things up but the info out there is a lot of it, and a lot of it is pretty confusing and *really* hard to find any clear cut definitive things about ascension in particular.
    They really really made this system far more complicated than it needs to be.
    Soara2 and Soara like this.
  2. Yado Active Member

Combos are achieved when player A cast and ascension and Player B casts the combo for that spell.
    Soara2, Soara, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  3. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

That makes complete sense. Oddly I found nothing that just flat out clearly said that, or I did and my brain just hurt too much from trying to figure it out.
    Thanks, Yado!
    Soara2, Soara and Dude like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you use ACT, there's an Ascension Combo plugin that tells you when someone else has cast an Ascension and you need to cast one of yours to make the combo.
    Soara2, Soara and kingmob23 like this.
  5. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

If anyone is still reading this, gonna ask another question so I don't start a new thread. Where does on get the Grandmaster Thaumaturgist, Elementalist etc books that give the 11-15 recipes, and what gives you the 16-20 ones?
    I see the various Grandmaster recipes books on the broker at pretty crazy prices, but is there a faction vender? I got Bloody Toothed Advanced Alchemy in Twark, which got me 1-10.
    Soara2 and Soara like this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I thought ascensions only go up to level 15, not 20?

I'm still in the office, so can't check.
    Soara2, Breanna, Soara and 1 other person like this.
  7. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Ah ok, that would make sense. Where do the lvl 11-15 recipe books come from though? Drop only, faction merchant?
    edit-with the newest expansion they go up to 20.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There is no faction vendor. Scholars have recipes in their normal recipe books. A scholar can make Journeyman, Expert, and Grandmaster Ascensions with fairly common materials (rare root, Celestial Foundation/Celestial Spellshard, ?Planar Energy?). They also have the recipes for Adept and Master, but for those you need a dropped illegible page as the rare component.
    • Sages make Elementalist and Etherealist spells
    • Jewelers make Geomancer spells
    • Alchemists make Thaumaturgist spells
    Soara2, Breanna and kingmob23 like this.