Ascension help for returning player

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Shieldern, May 23, 2018.

1. Shieldern Member

I read some older posts that said to level a whole class to 10 before moving on to a 2nd, 3rd and 4th because of getting a bonus. Now that the max level is 15 should I follow the same, then go back to level one 11 to 15, or should I level the 1st one to 15 before moving to a 2nd one?

My toons are 100 and I haven’t picked which class I’m going to focus on. Can you guys offer some general advice as to which ascension is best for each archetype? I’m mostly going to be soloing to catch up on levels, ascensions, epics for now until I feel my toon won’t embarrass itself in a heroic.

Lastly, I hear the only way to level to 110 is through signature quest line. Will it provide enough exp to get my 4 ascensions to 15 or even 10? And if not what options does a level 100 have to earn ascension exp?

Sorry about all the questions. The game has changed drastically.
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

You can go from 10-5-5-0 to 15-15-15-15 with the CE $140 edition baubles in PoP just by doing the faction quests 'smartly'.
  3. semisus Does not play this game

do the panda quests and completing that will allow your character to become lvl 5 ascensions of choice
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_"Travels"_of_Yun_Zi_Timeline

otherwise in ka you can get your daily scroll+ weekly + bonus etc
    use em when you do quests in POP to fill out your vitality

You do not need to buy anything , you can max 21 million stored vitality and use those )
    otherwise with all 4 at 10 you can buy tears in elf city in obulus that gives you 21 million xp but thats costly at 500k status and some coins and you need ally elf faction so if u havent played KA that might be hard
    the plus side to those are that you can buy em and hand to alts ,since they are heirloom
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

On toons I'm raising up, I generally get one to 10, and then change and get others to 10, rather than jumping one to 15 and then others to 10. Primarily, because at the end of the 4th 10, you get the Tome of the Ascended, which is still a nice bump on stats and making the journey a lot easier. I seem to recall that once you're 10, you won't get more Ascension scrolls from the trainer, which can be problematic until you switch ascension classes to one that isn't 10.
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

One thing to note is that PoP quests give so much more XP per quest that leveling ascensions is super easy. I'd think it would be worth it just to be able to quest there.
  6. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

The "Tears" he mentions require 'coins' from KA, which are not so easy to get a hold of now, and a pile of plat and status.

Without the purchased baubles you will be weeks waiting grinding for enough to 'fill you ascension' vitality.
  7. kilcan New Member

I am lvl 15 Elementalist and Najena still gives me scrolls every day
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You will be able to use them when leveling the other Ascensions. You need all four to level 10 to get the Tome of the Ascended.