Ascension Experience Re-Allocating on Zone Change

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kurei Hitaka, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Logged in onto my Swashbuckler this morning, and got a message that I gained a large amount of Ascension EXP, thought maybe it was "recalculating" since I handed in the RoR quest that gave the level 22 bauble recently. However that does not appear to be the case.

I zoned from Raj'dur Plateau to Sundered Frontier, and got the message again. I zoned from Sundered Frontier to Timorous Deep, and got the message a third time. My actual EXP value remains unchanged.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

Every time you zone (or talk to the ascension trainer) it will recalculate your ascension exp to 'force' your character to match the appropriate level for your progress in the RoR sig line, on the off chance that you aren't set to the correct level. This was set up to force level people's alts and second/third/fourth ascension classes.

In theory, it *could* have been set up to check your current level, but it doesn't hurt anything other than your chat window/log size so I suppose they didn't see a need to change it. It will stop doing it once you finish the sig line and you are at level 25.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Aaah, thanks for that. I probably should have asked around in-game first, but...well, you know lol.
    Twyla and Taled like this.