artifacting in Kelethin Tier 1 guild hall

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by aspekx, Jul 19, 2014.

1. aspekx Well-Known Member

[IMG]

this is the foyer of my guild hall in Kelethin, Tier 1. the small rectangle you see on the bottom was there when i purchased the guild hall and before i had started decorating. from this angle you can see the large trapezoid (?) that is now showing up emanating from the rectangle on the floor.

it is growing worse over time, ie., larger and more apparent.
  2. aspekx Well-Known Member

3. aspekx Well-Known Member

any input or help would be appreciated.

again this was there when i first purchased it. while the decorating may be causing it to worsen, it cannot be the cause as it was a 'fresh' new guild hall with no previous owner.
  4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Are you using SOE's default settings for display? Can others see the blue shape of weirdness on their screens, too? Sorry is I sound dumb, just trying to see if it was a glitch in your settings versus a glitch in the world.
    aspekx likes this.
  5. aspekx Well-Known Member

no i have my settings cranked all the way up. it's a good question and i hadn't thought about that.

i haven't gotten anyone to come by yet and take a look. i thought someone was going to but they never showed.
  6. aspekx Well-Known Member

7. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Ask in the decorators channel if someone can swing by and look. Or If you don't mind putting up you guild name and server here on these boards here some of us decorators could pop by and see if we see it, too.
    aspekx likes this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

I visited several other tier 1 Kelethin guild halls since yours doesn't seem to have visitor access and didn't see any signs of the thing you have in your screen shots.

My first thought was that it was something in the room downstairs sticking up (some crystal or lamp sort of thing), but you said it was there when you bought it?

It's odd but I don't see any sign of it in the other guild halls I visited.
    aspekx likes this.
  9. Ranla Member

The blue rectangle was showing up for a guildie of mine in our T1 North Qeynos hall. It is in the foyer, as you zone in, just like yours. He sent me a screenshot... I didn't save it or I would post it here. I was unable to see it... but I play with very low graphic settings.

He toured an empty hall and could still see it. He asked in general chat and others were seeing it as well. I don't think its specific to your hall.
    aspekx likes this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder if it's a specific graphics card or setting that's not playing nice.

I run with almost maxed settings (have shadows off ) and as I said I couldn't see anything in any of the halls I visited.
    aspekx likes this.
  11. aspekx Well-Known Member

sorry the hall wasn't open. i could have sworn i published it. i will check the settings and fix that.

thanks for the input. looks like the gfx card setting not playing nice is the more likely issue. however, if anyone else has any insight or ideas please feel free to share.