Artifact Cloak of War

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Villaven, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Villaven New Member

I already know it has been said that there will be no changes made to PoW items but c'mon, the stats are amazing for anyone on the cloaks but the effects on them are silly and they have already been looked over and modified but it seems like only some of them have. Could there be a better balance between all of them instead of just 25% of them being somewhat useful? I mean, it was decided that the zone remain relevant and the mob levels increased while the loot remained 5 levels below what it should be, then at least balance stuff, especially when it is expected to be one of the best items in the game.
  2. Daray Well-Known Member

Kander said (during CoE beta) that he'd be taking another look at all the myth cloaks. Hopefully that includes bumping the level of them to 92 (so that the newer war runes are viable), as well as taking a look at the effects.
  3. Villaven New Member

Well I know that they did do some already but I am hoping that they didn't do a couple then just say forget it because usually when items are going to be balanced they will do them all in 1 shot instead of a handful at a time.
  4. slippery Well-Known Member

Warlock cloak +1 tick to dots!
    Chronus likes this.
  5. Chronus Active Member

Deciding between 12.8 cb/pot mastercrafted cloak with basically magnitude, cognent and 1% doublecast vs the 2 red slots and utterly pathetic effect and 13.1 cb/pot I'm inclined to say that the warlock myth cloak is not the best in slot, which is just plain wrong at this point.

Also I'm relatively sure that the Conjuror one is still not the best in slot when compared with the same Refined and experimented cloak (but that will be for conjys to comment on).

The druid ones are likely best in slot but only due to the 2 red slots and not the pathetic damage proc effect.

Assassin might be worse than the Refined and experimented mastercrafted cloak with 12.8 cb/pot and 206 agi but not sure.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

How close is the Refined+Experiment Cloak of the Archmagus to being best in slot anyway? I know some of these SS-Raidcraft armors are borderline better than PoW.
  7. Chronus Active Member

[IMG]
    Imo it's best in slot for warlock. Effects are 3% potency, 6% less resistability and 1% doublecast perma. And the 12% critbonus proc you see on the pic.
  8. Hennyo Member

That cloak is best in Slot for most all caster classes with a few exceptions where the myth is better, or a good second option for more utility. It should be noted there are different reforging options to make that cloak look better to healers.
  9. Chronus Active Member

Yeh, it could say 206 wis instead of int, could be reforged to ma/dps/ae instead of ability mod. That's with 1 experiment to int, 2 experiments to cb and pot. Pretty easy to get if you find a refined rare, I've never failed a single experiment but I've only done it on around 5 SS raid items + 1 test before.
  10. Chronus Active Member

Just occurred to me the cloak's pretty much better than the fury mythical cloak for dps.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

That means I have something to start making. I can make/refine and experiment those cloaks.
  12. Kenoilin New Member

Where does this even come from by chance does can anyone tell me?
  13. Estal Well-Known Member

14. Kenoilin New Member

I mean the mythical nto the MC
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

General Teku, final boss of the Plane of War.